Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win for the Astros, they're back in control first place.

Something to ponder, the Astros are playing .300 ball right now, that's pretty darn crappy. But they're in 1st place, shows their strength and dominance in their division so far this season. Now we're headed for a winning streak that will put us in the playoffs with home field advantage.

Comment

Anyone that thinks the As are going to continue winning at a near .800 clip the final 6 weeks of the season is nuts. They will come back to earth, the Astros will resume winning at a .625+ rate and the division will be in hand. The numbers dont lie over a full season. The As are vastly improved from last year but their roster is not better than a full healthy Astros' roster. The Yankees are going to have their hands full when they face them in the one game Wild Card.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Anyone that thinks the As are going to continue winning at a near .800 clip the final 6 weeks of the season is nuts. They will come back to earth, the Astros will resume winning at a .625+ rate and the division will be in hand. The numbers dont lie over a full season. The As are vastly improved from last year but their roster is not better than a full healthy Astros' roster. The Yankees are going to have their hands full when they face them in the one game Wild Card.
        Yup.

Comment

“I asked the third-base coach if he had any oxygen for me.” -- Maldonado on his fifth-inning triple
          Altuve hit by pitch in AAA rehab AB. Looks to be ok. Funeral services for the opposing pitcher are today at noon.

Comment

OAKLAND -- Astros outfielder Jake Marisnick, who hasn't played since straining his left groin on Aug. 10, is making such good progress that he could be sent out on a Minor League rehab assignment within the next week, manager AJ Hinch said Sunday.

Marisnick did straight-line running again Sunday on the field at Oakland Coliseum and is taking batting practice with no issues.

Comment

Tried to post yesterday but Tapatalk stalled out on this thread. Peacock held it together nicely. I'm hoping that game is a catalyst for the old Astros to reappear. Seems our injury numbers are on par with the Texans this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Tried to post yesterday but Tapatalk stalled out on this thread.
                Yep, it's odd... Tapatalk is what is keeping me OFF this thread during the games... oh well. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that I miss too much... mainly some folks bickering about who it the best stros fan!

Yesterday's game was nice... as was the last game against he Rockies... obviously it feels like a little bit of stuttering to the "average fan" (That's me by the way in case you were wondering... no illusions here!) When you look at the streaks as being more losses than wins.

You should have heard the uproar in the house when Julia mentioned Altuve getting hit by a pitch during his re-hab assignment and leaving the game... ugh!!!

Go Stros... (And Gig'em!)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Yep, it's odd... Tapatalk is what is keeping me OFF this thread during the games... oh well. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that I miss too much... mainly some folks bickering about who it the best stros fan!

Yesterday's game was nice... as was the last game against he Rockies... obviously it feels like a little bit of stuttering to the "average fan" (That's me by the way in case you were wondering... no illusions here!) When you look at the streaks as being more losses than wins.

You should have heard the uproar in the house when Julia mentioned Altuve getting hit by a pitch during his re-hab assignment and leaving the game... ugh!!!

Go Stros... (And Gig'em!)
                  I switch to browser on the phone when im posting... thread is too long for tapatalk to handle...hardly brings latest posts down on reading it..and posting absolutely sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    I switch to browser on the phone when im posting... thread is too long for tapatalk to handle...hardly brings latest posts down on reading it..and posting absolutely sucks.
                    Oh, you will get a kick out of this... walked away from my desk, saw the taptalk notification on my phone that you quoted my post....

and clicked it...

DAMMMMMMMMITTTTT!!!! : D

Yeah, I haven't reached that point yet. I guess Blummer and Julia provide enough commentary to keep me in the game (That an the browser experience for this site on my phone is terrible and I am too lazy to do anything about it.)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      (That an the browser experience for this site on my phone is terrible and I am too lazy to do anything about it.)
                      Yep. I hate it.

Comment

The weird thing is is it’s only this thread. There’s others on tapatalk with more replies and pics and they open in seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the same thing on the bitcoin thread

Comment

Must be the size of Kate's mammaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Must be the size of Kate's mammaries.
                              I approve of this message.

Comment

We got this...

Comment