No announcement yet.

Crows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ol grandpappy always said that crows weren't bad eatin' at all.

Comment

Ok I’ve been told they are legal to shoot?? Is this not true?

Comment

From TPWD hunting manual:

Unprotected Birds:

The only birds not protected by any state or federal law are European starlings, English sparrows, feral rock doves (common pigeon, Columba livia) and Eurasian collared-doves; these species may be killed at any time, their nests or eggs destroyed, and their feathers may be possessed.

Yellow-headed, red-winged, rusty, or Brewer's blackbirds and all grackles, cowbirds (does not include cattle egret), crows, or magpies may be controlled without a federal or state depredation permit when found committing or about to commit depredations on ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.

Comment

Just hope ur definitions and the game Warden’s match up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used to have organized hunts for 'em... They can be "controlled" if they are or are about to damage crops, feed, or livestock habitat... Our old game warden told us he'd never seen a crow that wasn't about to do some kind of damage to something...

Comment

I have to fix this cause i read it wrong the first time... MAY BE CONTROLLED WITHOUT A PERMIT.... buuuut i have a feeling that it is a very low on the totem pole of game warden coming to find you either way. that said... Posting piles of dead crows on here MIGHT not be the wisest of choices if you catch my drift...

PS all the UNPROTECTED birds are invasive... dang starlings are THE WORST
              Last edited by catslayer; 02-06-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                PCP air rifle

Blake, those your videos? I've got dozens and dozens of similar ones I did with my Crickets, Air Force Condor SS and Vulcan... Were you able to post these directly on THB without a host site? I don't do you tube or Vimeo stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  We used to have organized hunts for 'em... They can be "controlled" if they are or are about to damage crops, feed, or livestock habitat... Our old game warden told us he'd never seen a crow that wasn't about to do some kind of damage to something...
                  He makes a good point...

Comment

If OP really has 100 crows coming in, I seriously doubt the GW would care, given the last sentence of that law.
                    Last edited by Grizz83; 02-06-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

In the time it took me to copy and paste, two others beat me to it!
                      Last edited by tgil; 02-06-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        I have to fix this cause i read it wrong the first time... MAY BE CONTROLLED WITHOUT A PERMIT.... buuuut i have a feeling that it is a very low on the totem pole of game warden coming to find you either way. that said... Posting piles of dead crows on here MIGHT not be the wisest of choices if you catch my drift...

PS all the UNPROTECTED birds are invasive... dang starlings are THE WORST

NO permit needed

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

A crow aint no different than a coon, or a democrat....he either just got done screwing something up, or he's fixin to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            A crow aint no different than a coon, or a democrat....he either just got done screwing something up, or he's fixin to.
                            bahahahahahhahahahha

Comment

Sometimes Dale you indeed do have a way with words... and a lot of the time it don't take you very many of 'em to make the point!!

Well said sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X