Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Death Of LowBeam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Isn't that amazing?!
    I had one out west that I was watching very close... got pics of him with 1 antler gone. 2 hours later another pic of the other one missing. 4 hours before, he was at the same feeder with both antlers... That was on a Friday morning. I was on the ranch Friday night... I grid-searched an area half a mile square... Never found either shed...

Once asked our TPWD biologist about that and what he thought on where all those shed antlers go... He told me that in reality, they don't have a clue. As many deer as we had on that place, the sheds should be waist deep all over the ranch!
    I dont understand it either. The last two years wife, son and I have spent 3 or 4 hours walking areas we know bucks travel. Trails, bedding areas, creek crossings etc and have yet to find one. The only one I found was driving down the road on my ranger and I saw it laying in the middle of a trail. Searched for an hour for the match with nothing.

A buddy on the other hand finds them by the bucket at his place in brady

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
      Cool buck! But where the heck are you hunting where you can see 14 bucks at one time? And six of them over 6 years old???
      Small low fence property in east tx. Most if not all of those deer got old because i passed then for years. if i had shot them at three, i would just be seeing three year olds on the top end . If there is one thing i have learned, its that a large percentage of deer that reach 3 will survive until 7 if i dont kill them because they have already learned to avoid the feeders and box stands on my neighbors place.

Sure some of them get shot young but if i shoot them young, i know for sure they wont get old. i really struggled with a buck this year. he is either three or four and im pretty darn sure just three. he is scaring the crap out of 160 and i had him coming to my bow stand every freakin day for two months. now a 160 is a giant to me. I let him go though.. I cant wait to see him next year. There is a good chance I will try to kill him regardless of age next year if he does what I think he will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I dont understand it either. The last two years wife, son and I have spent 3 or 4 hours walking areas we know bucks travel. Trails, bedding areas, creek crossings etc and have yet to find one. The only one I found was driving down the road on my ranger and I saw it laying in the middle of a trail. Searched for an hour for the match with nothing.

A buddy on the other hand finds them by the bucket at his place in brady
        There are almost always a few sheds in my food plots every year. Not this year. Not a single one. K3 shed a couple weeks ago and I had pics before and after he shed that night. i immediately started looking for them. I still havent found his horns.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          There are almost always a few sheds in my food plots every year. Not this year. Not a single one. K3 shed a couple weeks ago and I had pics before and after he shed that night. i immediately started looking for them. I still havent found his horns.
          Rain and wind talked us out of the lake so we're headed up to stroll thru the woods. Maybe we'll find one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't do so well with the sheds. Catfish played better

Comment

bump for tuco

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Didn't do so well with the sheds. Catfish played better

Like the Jack Russel

Comment