• Show
Clear All

Great buck and terrific write up as usual. Thank you

Comment

awesome mature buck! Love the story

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
        congrats.. How old was he?
        7 plus. Im not sure what history i have with Lowbeam before this year. Four years ago, I had a mature deer there with the same split beam. Im guessing he hasnt always been split and i just dont recognize him from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          Great buck and story. So you shot your muzzle loader and the other bucks didn't run off??!!
          Thats correct.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            7 plus. Im not sure what history i have with Lowbeam before this year. Four years ago, I had a mature deer there with the same split beam. Im guessing he hasnt always been split and i just dont recognize him from last year.
            Awesome. Great story and history. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
              What a GREAT buck, GarGuy!!!

Can't wait to hear the final stories on "FIDDY" and "LONGBEAM" in the coming years.
              Longbeam is ten but oddly, he grew his best horns to date this year.

Comment

Nice consolidation buck. What did he end up scoring?

Comment

Toad

Comment

He’s a cool buck! Congrats on getting him.

Comment

Both deer are very impressive. Congrats again and as always, enjoy your style of recap.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        You got any pics of "fiddy" since season closed?
                        I finally got around to pulling my cameras down. Fiddy was only missing a few days he made it through and shed feb 15th.

Comment

Cool deal! You find sheds? or just pics of ol' fiddy/baldie?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Cool deal! You find sheds? or just pics of ol' fiddy/baldie?
                            Just pics before and after he shed. i did make a pretty good sweep for horns. At least ten bucks shed around there in the past month. Never found the first one!

Comment

Isn't that amazing?!
                              I had one out west that I was watching very close... got pics of him with 1 antler gone. 2 hours later another pic of the other one missing. 4 hours before, he was at the same feeder with both antlers... That was on a Friday morning. I was on the ranch Friday night... I grid-searched an area half a mile square... Never found either shed...

Once asked our TPWD biologist about that and what he thought on where all those shed antlers go... He told me that in reality, they don't have a clue. As many deer as we had on that place, the sheds should be waist deep all over the ranch!

Comment

Cool buck! But where the heck are you hunting where you can see 14 bucks at one time? And six of them over 6 years old???

Comment

Working...
                                X