Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    They have a Freshman Center.

It's not just about Football. Check their Wrestling record. The size of their band. Golf team for goodness sakes.

They are a powerhouse, and it's not just in football.

And how many students per teacher??? I get the athletics but at what cost to the students education?

I say that as my son will start at Guyer in the Fall and I'm thrilled we no longer have to play Allen, McKinney, Plano, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
      Ha mart is gonna own district 11, toughest team out of there is Hubbard. Most of those other teams are pretty awful.
      Yes sir, Mart will be a hand full for at least couple more years in Football. As for as smaller schools go, 2A, with Hearne and Marlin moving down, this will shake up some track coaches. Jewett Leon dropping back into 2A has many a volleyball coach kicking his/her dog. And for Central Texas Div. 1 2A Schools football, the addition of Bruceville-Eddy might cause a small ripple.

But for the most part Crawford fared pretty well in the new alignment/region.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        They have a Freshman Center.

It's not just about Football. Check their Wrestling record. The size of their band. Golf team for goodness sakes.

They are a powerhouse, and it's not just in football.
        That's why I kind of discount a lot of their accomplishments.

Other districts could have done the same, but didn't and their talent is dispersed more between different schools.

Comment

Apparently we coaches at my district upset someone at the UIL...lol. We are in the murderers row of 4A. Matter of fact probably going to step out and say we are in one of the top 3 toughest districts at any level.

Argyle
          Celina
          Melissa
          Anna
          Sanger
          Paris
          North Lamar

Gonna be some dog fights.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
            Apparently we coaches at my district upset someone at the UIL...lol. We are in the murderers row of 4A. Matter of fact probably going to step out and say we are in one of the top 3 toughest districts at any level.

Argyle
            Celina
            Melissa
            Anna
            Sanger
            Paris
            North Lamar

That's how we have felt these past 2 years and glad to get out of murders row of 3a now with Goliad, Hallettsville, Yoakum, Edna-those 4 have the potential to go far

Comment

Argyle
              Celina
              Melissa
              Anna
              Sanger
              Paris
              North Lamar

We are in Div 1 4A as well and I do not disagree. That's some hard sledding.

Comment

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
                I’m not sure what is a miss with football, that’s why I said it seems like they put in the work. I know coach Shultz has changed the program as far as working out and it seems like the boys buy into what he is selling, but it has yet to show on the field, despite a few individual standouts. Shultz did take over right before the move up to 5A, so I am going to wait till after the 2018 season to make a call on that. I will say the coaches have had an “excuse” the last few years and going back down that’s gone.
                I do not know either. I do know that my family has many a friend in Splendora and I do wish them the best. I just can't understand with as many kids, plus the size they have it doesn't translate onto the field. I do know that a lot of their better kids play baseball and most don't want to get on the football field. So maybe that is it. They have a very good baseball/softball program.

For the basketball/baseball district I like it way better. Seems like the old district of three years ago is back together minus Cleveland. But they thru in Livingston to help out.

Comment

Any of y’all coaches going to Lonestar next weekend?

Comment

Argyle
                    Celina
                    Melissa
                    Anna
                    Sanger
                    Paris
                    North Lamar

Wow! Good luck with all of that. Those top 3 have all won state in the last decade. Would have to say that is a pretty tough district!

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                      I do not know either. I do know that my family has many a friend in Splendora and I do wish them the best. I just can't understand with as many kids, plus the size they have it doesn't translate onto the field. I do know that a lot of their better kids play baseball and most don't want to get on the football field. So maybe that is it. They have a very good baseball/softball program.

For the basketball/baseball district I like it way better. Seems like the old district of three years ago is back together minus Cleveland. But they thru in Livingston to help out.

Splendora has grown and they have a lot more students now than ever before but in 5A they were competing with schools that have twice as many kids which translates to twice as many talented kids to choose from in most cases.

It’s Going to be interesting. My oldest boy will be playing high school football next year so I’m anxious to see how it goes. My oldest daughter runs varsity now and I expect them to be competitive if not the leaders in distance the next two years. Softball and Baseball should complete at the highest level I would think. The softball team has some serious talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X