No announcement yet.

UIL Realignment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like our new district but first round is going to be a doozy..... district 14 3a d1 is insane. We lost YT,H’ville, Edna, industrial and gained Hitchcock Hempstead Columbus and boling

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in D14 though. I saw the top 4 play and they are salty good. I’ll predict it now Goliad,YOakum,Edna, Hallettsville. Hope I’m wrong as I have good friends at yoakum but goaliad is going to be loaded

Comment

Agree Billy, Barta (San Angelo)

Comment

Well ours was a big surprise...picking up Gunter, S&S, and Callisburg out east of us!

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
          I like our new district but first round is going to be a doozy..... district 14 3a d1 is insane. We lost YT,H’ville, Edna, industrial and gained Hitchcock Hempstead Columbus and boling

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in D14 though. I saw the top 4 play and they are salty good. I’ll predict it now Goliad,YOakum,Edna, Hallettsville. Hope I’m wrong as I have good friends at yoakum but goaliad is going to be loaded
          I predict- Goliad, Edna, Yoakum then Halletsville. One heck of a Dist. for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
            Liberty Hill and Lampasas got moved out of that meat grinder of a district, and they sent Gatesville, La Vega, and China Spring to region 2.
            Gatesville
            China Spring
            La vega
            Stephenville
            Brownwood

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
              Football
              Sports! They are at the top in all categories....no way a school should be that big but that is the dynasty they've built and it will be very hard to get them to think otherwise....

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                That's just insane. Is there any particular reason why Allen doesn't do what most other schools districts have done; i.e. build additional high schools.
                Saw this a while back. I walk through Rockwall high school with 2600+ kids and am amazed, I was shocked to see Allen with 6400, never knew it was that high.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                  San Angelo Central made someone real mad!!! I've seen some crazy stuff by the UIL in 30+ years but that takes the cake.
                  That's nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                    I predict- Goliad, Edna, Yoakum then Halletsville. One heck of a Dist. for sure.
                    I can agree with this too because Edna is the wildcard! Those two backs they have are special!

I’m just glad we get a little rebuilding before we get out back into that district in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                      Well ours was a big surprise...picking up Gunter, S&S, and Callisburg out east of us!
                      I thought that might happen. At least Callisburg. With 2 teams moving up and one down east of sherman, they had to go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                        Liberty Hill and Lampasas got moved out of that meat grinder of a district, and they sent Gatesville, La Vega, and China Spring to region 2.
                        And that became the district of all districts. Lots of state titles in that bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          I thought that might happen. At least Callisburg. With 2 teams moving up and one down east of sherman, they had to go somewhere.
                          Callisburg was a possibility, but gunter and s&s weren't!!haha We know about Gunter, they beat us out of the playoffs past 2 years...don't know much about Callisburg or S&S

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                            Callisburg was a possibility, but gunter and s&s weren't!!haha We know about Gunter, they beat us out of the playoffs past 2 years...don't know much about Callisburg or S&S
                            Both will be pretty weak. Callisburg probably better than S&S. Gunter will be down from the last 2 years, but they will still be good though.

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                              Sorry, but the years before Splendora moved to 5A they were by far one of the largest 4A's. At that time they couldn't win at the 4A level and it got worse for them when they moved up. In football they still won't be that good, Basketball they will be middle of the pack, they will compete very well in Baseball/Softball. I don't know why Splendora can't compete in football at the 4A/5A level, they surely have the numbers and the size. Something just doesn't add up.
                              I’m not sure what is a miss with football, that’s why I said it seems like they put in the work. I know coach Shultz has changed the program as far as working out and it seems like the boys buy into what he is selling, but it has yet to show on the field, despite a few individual standouts. Shultz did take over right before the move up to 5A, so I am going to wait till after the 2018 season to make a call on that. I will say the coaches have had an “excuse” the last few years and going back down that’s gone.

Comment

Ha mart is gonna own district 11, toughest team out of there is Hubbard. Most of those other teams are pretty awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X