Belize expert needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    "Man we went to a third world country and outside of the resort we stayed at it was a dump"

I seriously don't understand some peoples expectations.
    How many third world countries have you been to? The level of poverty and filth is nothing short of shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      "Man we went to a third world country and outside of the resort we stayed at it was a dump"

I seriously don't understand some peoples expectations.

OP, go and just let all expectations or worries out the door. You will have a good time. Part of the attraction to places like Belize is being care free while you're there. Another benefit is the appreciation you'll gain for the life you have here.
      This is correct. One perk of a 3rd world country to me is the resorts are nice and everything is affordable. I've been to France, the French riviera to be specific, and it's nice but too expensive to do much of anything.

10 days isn't too much if you plan it correctly. We booked all adventures through the resorts. It's the best of the best that way. We went on a cave trip which was AWESOME!! saw some Mayan ruins, snorkeling with nurse sharks, and went fly fishing for bonefish. All through the resorts,and all great experiences. If you do chaa creek for 5 days and Victoria House for 5 days, you won't get bored. We also would take a golf cart into town during the day and for dinner to see the town.

Ive also been to st Martin, Anguilla, cozumel, and Cancun. Belize can compete with them all. If yo u want fancy, go to st. Barts or st Croix. But get ready to part with some serious coin! Anguilla is our favorite, but there isn't much to do there except chill, and practice making babies. And eat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
        How many third world countries have you been to? The level of poverty and filth is nothing short of shocking.
        I'm not disagreeing with you at all. My point was, that is a well known fact. There are places to vacation that are known to be nice (usually more expensive) and places known to be dumps. You can have a good time at either, but to come back from the latter and have one of your criticisms be "it was a dump outside of the resort" is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

Belize expert needed!!

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Geez - reading through some of this was brutal.

I look forward to going, and there are some great threads to read up on and see beautiful pictures of.

And if you're bored on your Honeymoon by day 4, you might not be doing it right ...

This exactly. My fiancé has already informed me that the first 3 days will be boom boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Belize Ocean Club was amazing small resort that was extremely catered to you and your needs/wants. zip lining was awesome, we used blue horizon for a full day of fly fishing, and did a day of snorkeling the reef. will be going back has been my favorite vacation so far. Only downside is not much a night life that far south kinda shuts off about 10 which was fine for us. Go to Victoria house if you are looking to party.

Comment

doesn't matter where you go for you honeymoon
              your going with your PIC - partner in crime
              your gonna have a great time!

btw
              been to Belize. Hopkins. very far south of belize city. had a blast

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                I went in 01 just for the diving which is awesome except for the blue hole I thought that was completely boring. Lighthouse Reef, Half Moon Caye, Glovers Reef, and Turneffe were really great though most of these are or can be advanced dives. We stayed a a little place on the beach called The Blue Tang and really liked it, the girl at the front desk would put a case of Beliken local beer in our fridge every day for when we got back from diving. I'm not sure if this is still true or not but back then Jerry Jeff Walker owned a house in San Pedro and he happened to be there when we were he spent most of the day and into the night at a little bar called Sharkey's. The girls went to the main land to see the ruins and they went to some spa in the jungle. All in all Belize has been one of my favorite places mainly because of the diving and it was one of the cheapest places we have ever been.
                Jerry Jeff Walker is still around there. My buddy was there just this past weekend. JJF was out in front of his home playing his guitar.

Comment

[ATTACH]894860[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                  X