No announcement yet.

Anyone cook with a instapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom used to bake ducks and geese normal baking time..and if they were tough and drier than she liked .She put them in Pressure cooker with drippins and broth enough for P Cooker to function...20+ minutes they were falling off bone and juicey...Same with a tough beef or pork roast that was rough/dry..I've even used it to rejuvinate a dry/tough BBQ brisket..Just remember Whatever you cook gota have enough water to function..and if you ever cook one DRY stuff is stuck beyond belief..

Comment

Not going to lie, I got one for Christmas and still haven’t used it. My great grandmother was killed by a pressure cooker way back in the day and I’m kind of scared of the thing! I know I’m a wimp and technology has changed but dang.

Comment

We use ours about once a week. We make pot roast, pulled pork, chicken wings, pork tender loin and pork chops. The thing is a time saver and we like that you can brown and cook in the same pot.

Comment

Last year it was the small pressure cookers and this year the instapot... Following to see what all think of the appliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
            Not going to lie, I got one for Christmas and still haven’t used it. My great grandmother was killed by a pressure cooker way back in the day and I’m kind of scared of the thing! I know I’m a wimp and technology has changed but dang.
            Sorry to hear that. My grandmother wouldn't let us in the kitchen when she was canning.

My wife finally got one after looking EVERYWHERE before Christmas for one. It's really fast.

Comment

We use one all the time. Makes baked tators quick also.

Comment

Got one the other day from the father in law as a girft. Cooked in it one time. Seemed legit. Hopefully someone on here uses one on a regular basis and can post up some good recipes

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  We use one all the time. Makes baked tators quick also.
                  Gonna have to try that.

Comment

tagged for ideas

Comment

I’m stopping on the way home to get a chuck roast to put in it this evening.
                      Taters, carrots, and the whole works. [emoji1303]

Comment

I use mine weekly. Great contraptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife got one, great purchase!

Comment

Chuck roast, whole baby red taters, and carrots done in the pressure cooker tonight. Y’all are missin out. Lol

Comment

Y’all recommend the 6 or 8qt?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                                Y’all recommend the 6 or 8qt?

Comment

Working...
                                X