No announcement yet.

Gut gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm that guy. I found out years ago that I'm a messy field dresser, so I use the arm length plastic with latex or nitrile gloves over them. After I gut, I don't want the blood on my hands when I get in my truck. When you hunt alone, it's hard to wash your hands when you just have bottled water. With the gloves, you just turn them inside out and you're good.

Comment

Deer - bare hands

Porkers - I don’t clean porkers

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Latex gloves, for years now. Ever since one of my good friends got some virus from a pig he was cleaning and cut himself. He was sick for a long time and never was himself again.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          I have little to no need to gut anything... but if I did I would use whatever was available. I usually have sleeves in my truck ( for cattle A.I. And preg checking), but if not gloves would work... if no gloves God knows I stuck my hand in far worse

But I can't think of many times gutting an animal is needed other than walk in coolers
          I cleaned probably 15-20 deer this year, maybe more, a little north of a dozen pigs and lots of ducks, fish and woodcock.

That being said, I use the gutless method on everything. That also being said, guts can still get involved. Whether that’s a gut shot or a poked gut while cleaning. Nonetheless, I still wear gloves.

I think he’s using the term “gut gloves” loosely.

Comment

I use nitrile gloves but I do not gut animals any more. Skin, quarter, back strap, trimming, all without entering the body cavity. By far the best way to process an animal (deer or hog).

Comment

Laytex Gloves so I can get back in the truck and not make a mess.

Comment

I wear dish washing gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  Latex gloves, for years now. Ever since one of my good friends got some virus from a pig he was cleaning and cut himself. He was sick for a long time and never was himself again.

What virus and how was he not himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bare hands, though I do wear a kevlar glove on my non-knife hand.

Comment

I don't gut deer.

Comment

Bare hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Latex gloves every animal. I do it to keep my hands clean

Comment

Nitrile gloves but it’s not about germs so much as I’m not a fan of dried blood in my nail beds.

Comment

I have never worn gloves to clean any animal.

Comment

I wear latex or nitrile, whatever is available when skinning animals. I know a man who spent 6 days in the hospital with a nasty infection he received when nicking his skin while cleaning a deer. No need to chance it IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X