No announcement yet.

Angel Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12” base is all AF has. Only 12 runs open. Sad fall/winter for snow so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still not much for Taos either. Red River looks like the best bet for now. I will be in Ruisodo Friday. Apache has 6 trails open. 1 Blue. I'm going anyway. Tradition. The bar is open anyway. I have a new board I need to try out and at least stretch the muscles for later trips. Keyston/A Basin in March, Copper Mountain in April.

Comment

Rode Apache yesterday. What little was open anyway. The snow wasn't bad. Had some fun, hung out at the bar a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Rode Apache yesterday. What little was open anyway. The snow wasn't bad. Had some fun, hung out at the bar a lot.
          Were the runs that were open super crowded? I want to do one more trip before the season ends but I don’t want to go all the way to Colorado to do it.

Comment

It wasn't crowded. I bet it is today.

Comment

May get some moisture today and tomorrow. The temps might not cooperate. Expecting another small chance starting mid week.
              Hopefully that elevation gets some snow.

Comment

Taos is forecasting 4-8 overnight. One week til my arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Taos is forecasting 4-8 overnight. One week til my arrival.

Yes I just caught that on the local news.
                  Could get more starting Wednesday. Hopefully you will be on some nice new powder.

The National Weather Service says rain and mountain snow showers will dip below the Colorado line Saturday afternoon and the snow level will drop to valley bottoms by Saturday night.

Forecasts call for about 6 inches of snow on Raton Pass, up to 3 inches in mountains east of Albuquerque and west of Las Vegas and up to 4 inches at Angel Fire and Red River.

Comment

Nice. Thanks.

Comment

Six inches of fresh powder at Taos. Expecting a few more today. I know it’s not much but everything counts.

Comment

Posted up in Snyder at the hotel. Will be in Taos by 2 tomorrow. Gonna ride Taos and Red River. Red River looks to be best right now. Some good blue to blacks open. High speed groomers it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                          go to red river... its so much nicer than angel fire. Red river also makes a lot more snow when they're not getting it.
                          I’ve been to both and when AF has snow there’s no comparison. It’s way better than RR in my book

Comment

Yes it is way better and a ton more room. I love being in RR as far as the town goes but AF has a lot more to offer for skiing. We usually stay in RR and drive over to AF.

Comment

Due to lack of terrain open.....Red River is the place to go currently. Way better than Taos.......as odd as that sounds.

Comment

Sucks when there ain’t no snow!

Comment

Working...
                                X