No announcement yet.

This beast can put down some groceries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s probably the only that can afford to eat like that there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      The original man amongst boy.
      This right here. The guy dominated at every level.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
        Love Earl. He was my hero when I was growing up. I was lucky enough to share an office with him for 5 years in Austin. In fact, he was the witness on my wife and my will. When my son was born, he brought a tiny UT #20 football jersey with Earl on the back autographed and gave to him in the hospital. It is framed in my son's room to this day. It was fun, he would call me into his office and surprise me with Coach Phillips (Bum and Wade), Pastorini and numerous TV personalities & news reporters that had come by to visit him. Solid man both physically and as a person. I would hang out with him in the afternoons as we were winding down the day and i was amazed at the amount of phone calls and mail that he received from fans across the country. One time he got a picture from a guy in Pennsylvania that asked for his autograph on it. So Earl had his assistant find the guys telephone number and called him to ask what he wanted written on the picture. They guy was floored and about wet his pants when he heard Earl on the other line. He did stuff like that all the time. Fond memories of hanging with him.
        Sounds like a great dude

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWLVE-UvqE&sns=em"]Earl Campbell | Career Highlights - YouTube[/ame]
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui844C3TQVI&sns=em"]Earl Campbell Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
            He’s probably the only that can afford to eat like that there!
            i think they have an all you can eat special.

Comment

I wonder if it was former players are he was feeding recruits for the Horns are current players to keep them out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                Helll of a football back. I feel bad for his physical capabilities or lack of from injuries.
                I bet you $4 you couldn't tackle him.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  I bet you $4 you couldn't tackle him.
                  X 2 those dudes were and still are bad arses! I played golf with Pastorini and he could knock the fool out of the ball and consume Miller Lite's like nobodies buisiness.

Comment

Im not a football man, but dang sure appreciate greatness in any endeavor. He was ( is ) greatness, unquestioned.

Comment

I used to hang out with him at Angelo's Fisherman's Wharf on South Main... He knew I was from Lufkin and we always kicked Tyler's butt playin' football... We were in the hospital together with the birth of our first kids. His son and my daughter were born the same day a few minutes apart... We always talked about doing a football camp, but never got it done. Earl is a good man, and he was one of the guys who took care of his finances and did well after football... Last time I saw him, I think it was just before he had a hip replaced at Methodist Hospital in Houston... Lotta good memories...

Comment

Maybe the most violent running back in football history. I couldn't imagine getting hit by that man when he was a high school line backer.

Comment

A UT and Texas Legend!

Comment

Certainly a great one. Who else was in the backfield with him?

Comment

Awesome football player. Poor ole Bum pretty much wore him out though. Back then he played him like he was the only one on the team.

Comment

Back when I helping film texas trophy hunter show
                                Earl came on a hunt ,
                                For breakfast the cook would make him a dozen eggs, 1lbs bacon, and 1/2 a loaf of toast
                                The other six guys at the table were served the same
                                In two days he missed 5 bucks on film

Comment

Working...
                                X