Clear All

Puts down Q like he put down LBs.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      #34 is correct
      #20 Hook 'Em

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        I was thinking it was Royal, but very well could have been Bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That was one of Bum's famous quotes

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
          As far as I could tell. I mean, he was talking to the guys at his table while cramming dead animals down his mouth, talking pics with people every so often as they'd stop by his table. I didn't bother him with it, he was hungry. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well that sounds pretty good, glad to hear it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
            Back in October, we went to the salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, Texas. This guy right here, a table away, was eating when we sat down at our table. He ate as we sat and waited to order. He ate as we ordered and waited for our plates. He ate as we ate when our plates finally arrived. He was still eating when we finished and sat around for a few minutes finishing our drinks. He was still eating when we got up and left. They just kept on bringing him meat. Anybody recognize this "old school" guy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            The Tyler Rose! !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to school with him Awesome football player

Comment

Earl the Pearl, sure liked watching him hit the guys that stood in his way.

Comment

Love Earl. He was my hero when I was growing up. I was lucky enough to share an office with him for 5 years in Austin. In fact, he was the witness on my wife and my will. When my son was born, he brought a tiny UT #20 football jersey with Earl on the back autographed and gave to him in the hospital. It is framed in my son's room to this day. It was fun, he would call me into his office and surprise me with Coach Phillips (Bum and Wade), Pastorini and numerous TV personalities & news reporters that had come by to visit him. Solid man both physically and as a person. I would hang out with him in the afternoons as we were winding down the day and i was amazed at the amount of phone calls and mail that he received from fans across the country. One time he got a picture from a guy in Pennsylvania that asked for his autograph on it. So Earl had his assistant find the guys telephone number and called him to ask what he wanted written on the picture. They guy was floored and about wet his pants when he heard Earl on the other line. He did stuff like that all the time. Fond memories of hanging with him.

Comment

One of the few that was not always looking for a sideline for protection. He ran shivers up defensive players spines.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                      A reporter once commented to coach Royal that Earl was out of shape because he couldn’t run a mile. Royal’s response was, “next time I face third and a mile, I’ll give the ball to someone else then”.

This was a Bum quote.

Comment

Awesome man and ball player.

Comment

One of my all time favorite players....saw him at DFW airport years ago and he walked like I do know...not a good thing!!

Comment

Earl never ran around anyone, he just ran through all of them...

Comment

The original man amongst boy.

Comment

My aunt went to school with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X