No announcement yet.

Prayer request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers continue going up from our family to yours!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

So sorry to hear...prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers Up for all of Y'all.

Comment

Update

Well, It's finally over. My Dad passed yesterday at 1:05 P.M.

While I am incredibly sad, I am also relieved that he is no longer suffering.
            My Mom, sisters, and I all got the opportunity to share, laugh, and cry with him during his last few weeks. We were all by his side when he passed.

I am very lucky and blessed to have had him for a Father.

I posted a story several years ago on another site about a buck that my son was able to kill. The story is really a tribute to my Dad and I think it is the best way to honor him now. Here it is:

Some of you may have read my story last week about a buck that my son and I rattled in. We were both so shocked at its size that we didn't shoot. We hunted that deer for 3 more days with no success.

I spent all week thinking about that deer and wondering if in all the excitement, I had overestimated its age and size. My son was having none of it and plainly told me that we were hunting for that deer and that deer only til the end of the season!

We arrived at the lease Friday night, and we planned on hunting the nearest stand to where we had last seen him. We would stay in the blind for a while, and then still hunt and rattle the rest of the morning. As luck would have it, the buck showed himself and my son calmly made a perfect heart shot. He was steadier than me until after we retrieved it!

Just a little background on myself. I was lucky enough to hunt part of a very large South Texas ranch as a child. We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. I could never understand why my Dad was content to just take us kids hunting. He never seemed to want to shoot himself. I even asked him once when I was in High School. He just shrugged it off as "I don't want to shoot one of those things!" I realize now that he got more enjoyment watching us than he did from shooting himself.

Thanks Dad, I get it now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thankful the pain and suffering is gone. Prayerful for you and your family during this time. The best tribute to your dad possible is that "you get it". Job well done sir.

Comment

Praise God for the eternal healing! Your dad is restored to live forever. You, your son, and the family are grieving the loss and I pray your grief will be with the mindset that you some day will also be restored and united with him for all eternity... Like your post has done, dwell on the good times, the good memories, and share those with the ones around you.

Lord we ask You to bathe this family in your grace, peace and comfort in their time of great loss. Give them the Grace none of us deserve but are promised through Your Word. Deliver them through your Divine Peace that brings comfort in the knowledge of knowing Your Son Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior... Keep them strong and together as they lean on each other. Allow them to lean on You Lord for their strength. Guide them and keep them in Your will, in Jesus name, Amen.

God Bless and keep you sir, you and your family until you can choose your joy once again.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Wow that is an impressive buck. Congratulations to your son for getting him, and to you for helping him. So sorry to hear about your dad's passing but now he isn't suffering any more and has gone on to Heaven. Some day you will be reunited with him and will have many great stories to share. Prayers for you and your family as you sort all of this out and begin to make preparations for his funeral.

Comment

Working...
                    X