No announcement yet.

Anyone else having this problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try hand corning on a well used trail in the vicinity of your feeder where you can quietly access.Then cut out a place to sit behind a cedar bush or make a brush blind, don't put a pop up blind in there.

Comment

Drive to your stand so you can quit scenting up the way in. Deer generally dont pay a vehicle any mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
        On a lease in Jerymn Tx, have feeders up and cameras running, Bucks and does always on camera, been hunting since opening day, when we are there, pretty much nothing comes in, we leave go back next weekend, same thing deer all over camera but nothing much comes in when we are there. I walk about a mile in and out and go in back way, so I know its not scent problem, plus been hunting over 40+years and know that I'm not doing nothing wrong, but this is hard to figure out, going to try the last weekend and see what happens.

God Bless
        Bish

And Happy New Year to all
        No offense, I am sure you know what you are doing. However if the deer are there all the time when you aren't then the only explination is they know you are there. All of the other excuses of acorns and natural browse etc. don't work. If that's the case you wouldn't be seeing them on camera at the feeders all week.

I would try getting dropped off right at the stand, even have someone go by the feeder and set it off like you would do if you were filling feeders.

Comment

I see the same thing happen on my lease. The deer notice the activity with everyone riding or walking around and go into hiding. Get off the feeders and back in the thick brush with them. Find a good trail to sit DOWNWIND of and you will see they move all day... especially the middle of the day. I see a lot of deer when others on the lease are wondering where they all went.

Comment

Have someone walk in with you, you get in your stand and they walk out.
            Deer can't count.

Comment

Yes, I did.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              They know
              This ^^.

They would show up every single time I wasn't there but nothing when I was, so I theriorized they had me patterned. Sure enough, Sat-Sun for 3 weeks, they didn't show but were there every M-F.

I hunt on my place that I live on. So, I changed my pattern to walk in, walk in earlier by an hour, and didn't hunt until it got cold. First day it was cold that I could also hunt - Christmas morning. And it worked.

Comment

Working...
              X