No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else prefer the hex bar over straight bar? Just feels safer with DL and squats. I flip it over to get deeper for squats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Anyone else prefer the hex bar over straight bar? Just feels safer with DL and squats. I flip it over to get deeper for squats.

I do both, depends on what I feel like lifting that day to be honest. Unless, it's on a dedicated DL day. I do use the Trap/Hex bar for heavy farmers carries.

Comment

I've been using for shrugs too. Versatile. Farmers carry??

Comment

I've been using for shrugs too. Versatile. Farmers carry??
          Load it up and walk as far as you can.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            Load it up and walk as far as you can.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
            Ha. I would be taking out old ladies and windows in this little gym. [emoji3][emoji16][emoji23]

Comment

Ha. I would be taking out old ladies and windows in this little gym. [emoji3][emoji16][emoji23]
              Speed bumps make it challenging.

What was that movie back in 80's. Death Race 2000 or something like that?

Comment

I'm trying to do pullups. Too much elbow bicep pain. No assisted pu machine here. Standing on a bench and looking like a monkey humping a football. This sucks

Comment

I'm trying to do pullups. Too much elbow bicep pain. No assisted pu machine here. Standing on a bench and looking like a monkey humping a football. This sucks
                  I need to start working on pull-ups as well. Sometimes my shoulders don't want to cooperate.

Comment

I have a rubber resistance band that came with my pull up bar that I use when I'm trying to bust out extra reps. Not a lot of tension, but every little bit helps.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to find the English version of that so I can see what you're doing. [emoji3][emoji23][emoji23]
                      X-tinction day 3: Legs.
                      You'll just have to ask if it's a name you don't recognize and I'll try to explain it. I'll try to x-plain the X-tinction instruxions in more gooder English so it makes more better cents[emoji23], if that's what's hangin you up. Took me a little bit to understand and I have videos. I think it's locked somehow so I can't post a link to the video.
                      He gives you an exercise title and an X-tinction number which is what I put in parentheses, or whatever these ( [emoji33] ) are called. You do a set to failure, rest 30 seconds and do the same set again to failure, then rest 30 seconds. Continue the same exercise until you cannot reach the X-tinction number. The number of sets that I list behind the X-tinction number is how many I completed before failing to reach the X-tinction number.
                      DB Bulgarian split squat hops. (X-tinction number 5) completed 5 sets each leg before I couldn't get to 5 before failure.
                      DB front squats (5). 5 sets.
                      High box step ups (5) 10 sets each leg.
                      Rocket jumps (10 seconds). 10 sets.
                      Armageddon set: body weight squats (goal was 100 in 3 minutes). Did 80 in 3 minutes.
                      DB RDL (5). 7 sets each leg.
                      DB swings (5). 6 sets.
                      Physioball glute ham raise (3) - basically a bodyweight reverse leg curl. 4 sets.
                      Single leg bridge ISO hold (10 seconds). 10 sets each leg.
                      Armageddon set: marching long leg bridges. (75 in 3 minutes) got 50.
                      Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow, hope I don't have to go upstairs at work for anything the next 2 days. Now I gotta go unload hay and feed out of the truck and feed the zoo!

Comment

You had to go all Bulgarian on me.

Great workout tonight.

Finished up with a 12 minute mile. Had an injection into my plantar fasciitis yesterday. Ordered a stretching machine for my foot. Hopefully My heel pain will gradually go away.

Comment

Was working on my BB OHP today. For some reason, my rear delts want to throb and ache during all jerking and pressing now. Not sure why, they even give me trouble when I drop the weight after a clean. No trouble on the clean lift, just OHP.

BB OHP
                          Rear Delt flyes on incline with db's with concentration on external rotation
                          db lat raises
                          straight bar push downs/db curls
                          single arm cable extensions/db hammer curls

Comment

Last day of X-tinction: shoulders and rotator cuff.
                            Cheat laterals (5). Stopped at 10 sets each arm.
                            Tubing jackhammers (6). Stopped at 10.
                            See saw press (5). 6 sets.
                            DB thrusters (5). 4 sets, mostly because my legs couldn't do the squat part.
                            Armageddon set: Pike push-ups (50 in 3 minutes). Did 40.
                            Tubing reverse X flys, (5). Stopped at 10 sets.
                            DB W raises (7). Stopped at 10 sets.
                            Tubing scarecrows (7). Stopped at 10 sets.
                            Tubing step aways (7). I was done with this workout, so I doubled the resistance band to fail sooner. 4 sets each arm.
                            I kept getting stuck failing just one rep over the X-tinction number. Wasn't gonna do the same exercises all night (should have increased weight). This week was definitely a shock to the muscles. My chest and triceps are still screaming from Monday. Legs are toast from yesterday and I be ****ed if I didn't have to go upstairs at work today for the first time in a couple weeks.

Comment

Shoulders & traps and a 30 minute incline walk.

Comment

I’m embarrassed to look back how I have eaten the last 7 days.... consumed more fast food in that period than I have in the previous 4 months.....

Easily fill it changing how I feel physically and mentally. Worst part is I’ve consumed enough to get that freaking craving back so when it comes dinner time it’s a battle. Even skipped 2 days of the gym this week including yesterday.

Need to hop back on the horse and get back at it as it’ll take 2-3 weeks to rid the body of the fast food craving now that it’s settled back in.

Currently halfway through Chest and abs at the gym

Also, if someone is super setting and has all their stuff at a Mch that doesn’t mean to jump on the Mch and take it over. Especially when you have to pick up and move the persons phone and towel in order to workout.... absolutely ridiculous lol and there’s 3 other machines within 20 feet that do the same **** thing!
                                Last edited by 150class; 04-06-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X