New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    Are you doing the Athlean-X program? I like that guy.
    If I am it would be pure coincidence. Just a plan I put together. I'll take a look at the program and see what it is about.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      If I am it would be pure coincidence. Just a plan I put together. I'll take a look at the program and see what it is about.
      I couldn’t remember who it was who said they were doing it, in last years thread.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        I couldn’t remember who it was who said they were doing it, in last years thread.
        I'm on week 5 of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          I'm on week 5 of it.

I knew it was someone. Lol

Comment

I missed Wednesday through Friday last week and went to the gun show in SA on Saturday instead of the gym. I made it back in this morning. Legs and back 5X5 supersets.

Squat/bent over barbell row/inline leg raises
            Leg extension/wide grips low row (supinated)
            Inline leg press/Body weight ring pullups/hanging leg raise

My energy level has been slow for weeks now. I have a dr. appointment on Thursday for my follow up cholesterol check and having my testosterone levels checked (again).

Comment

Cardio today

Jogged 3 miles to the gym wanting to knock out 10 mins of jump rope and another 10 of rowing to keep the heart rate up and then jog back. Both rowing machines are apparently broken and someone is hiding the jump ropes....

Doing a quick circuit of abs and stretching and then jogging back

Comment

Legs and shoulders today. I haven’t went heavy on squats for quite some time due to a back injury but I worked up to 300x3 today and it felt good. Today’s workout was 4 sets squats, 3 sets of deadlifts, 4 sets of leg press, 4 sets of standing military press, and 4 sets of seated db press. 3-5 reps on everything

Comment

Played golf today......this lifting 5-6 times per week and cold weather arent good for my game apparently.....at least not today. I will be off tomorrow as well but back at it Wednesday.

Comment

powerlifting meet 3 months away. been out from the gym for a month due to ruptured ear drum and the flu. im couldn't be happier to be back today

Comment

I got an elevation mask I started wearing when I do cardio...even on the least restrictive setting it's tough!! Less than a week though and I feel like my lung capacity is better.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                        powerlifting meet 3 months away. been out from the gym for a month due to ruptured ear drum and the flu. im couldn't be happier to be back today

Good luck to ya!

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                        I got an elevation mask I started wearing when I do cardio...even on the least restrictive setting it's tough!! Less than a week though and I feel like my lung capacity is better.
                        I’ve always wondered about those things.

Comment

Had an off day yesterday and my legs are still sore today from last workout.

Not sure what I'm gonna do this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            If your goal is cardio and marathon training then these are great, BUT in terms of gaining muscle and strength training these will keep you from reaching your goals. Your muscles need oxygen to grow. Like I said it just depends on your goals

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                              If your goal is cardio and marathon training then these are great, BUT in terms of gaining muscle and strength training these will keep you from reaching your goals. Your muscles need oxygen to grow. Like I said it just depends on your goals
                              Haha no marathons for me!! I'm just trying to get in shape to elk hunt this fall. I do strength training a couple days a week but more focused on cardio. Oddly enough, lots of folks say these elevation masks don't really help you acclimate or anything and that acclimation actually happens while you're body adjusts on it's own to higher elevations. But it is supposed to greatly increase cardio endurance so that's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Cleared brush with chainsaw, machete, and limb lobbers Saturday and Sunday. Loaded on trailer and unloaded across the pasture on burn pile. Great cardio, but my back has felt it yesterday and today.
                                Today: DB swings. 3 sets of 15.
                                DB drop squats. 3 sets of 10.
                                DB curl and press. 3 sets of 12.
                                Clapping plyo push-ups. 3 sets to failure. (Wrong of them to put these behind shoulder press!)
                                Tubing woodchopper pushdowns. 3 sets of 12 each direction.
                                Tubing sword raises. 2 sets of 12 each arm.
                                Goal is to choose enough weight to fail by the last rep of each exercise for the next 3 weeks. Rest time has decreased to less than 45 seconds between sets.
                                Threw in a dead hang until my grip gave out. Hoping to stretch my back a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X