Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I had to dig through one of my old emails when I asked them about it on another product and I was sent this link by customer service

Comment

so as I would understand that, the liner coming loose inside under normal wear and tear would be covered......like I said earlier, one of the dogs chewed up the toe of another pair of cabelas boots, I wouldn't expect that to be normal wear and tear.....

Comment

I had a pair of dancers that were made for Cabela’s and they took them back after 3 years when the leather stitching came apart with no questions asked.

Comment

I went through the same thing with two pairs of hunting boots that the outer soles separated on. I had two pairs of the exact same boot come apart each at one year old. They started asking me how often I wore them and if I worked in them. I told them I wore them pretty much every weekend and did a lot of walking in fairly tough terrain. Then they tried to tell me that wasn’t normal wear. I was fuming! I finally made them replace them but I’ll never buy another pair from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t send an email, use social media if you want to get some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                I went through the same thing with two pairs of hunting boots that the outer soles separated on. I had two pairs of the exact same boot come apart each at one year old. They started asking me how often I wore them and if I worked in them. I told them I wore them pretty much every weekend and did a lot of walking in fairly tough terrain. Then they tried to tell me that wasn’t normal wear. I was fuming! I finally made them replace them but I’ll never buy another pair from them.

weekends in rough terrain, sounds normal for hunting boots to me.......

Comment

Life of the product not life of the purchaser as stated in the cabelas warranty printed above. Pretty standard BS for most retailers these days. I bought someone the bass pro socks a few years ago and they are lifetime of the purchaser but bass pro still comes out way ahead knowing they'll sell thousands of 50 cent socks for $10 and most people won't ever bother swapping them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Don’t send an email, use social media if you want to get some answers.

I am doing that as well, just letting TBH folks to not let their "lifetime warranty" be the deciding factor on hunting boots....

Comment

basically what it boils down to is their lifetime warranty is in fact 90 days......after that the product, if it fails, has expended it's lifetime.....'

Comment

Every product out there has a lifetime. Lifetime warranties are not a person’s lifetime but the products lifetime. Boots are not going to last a persons lifetime. 4-5 years for a pair of boots that are worn often is pretty good in my opinion.

Comment

Tommy Boy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Comment

Except the boots aren't worn out, the inside liner has separated. They should have plenty of "life" left......soles and uppers are fine.....and I don't wear them every day working in the oilfields....

Comment

Wow... takes some nerve to try to return some boots you’ve had for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                Do you really think that "lifetime warranty" means that one pair of boots is going to last for YOUR entire lifetime? Come on man, surely you are not that naive. How on earth would they ever make any money if someone kept coming back to replace worn out boots every 4 years. Surely, this is not what you expected when you purchased the boots and the lifetime warranty. I guarantee that warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear. Things wear out when you use them as they are intended to be used.
                                OP, I'm in agreement with Coach and others that have stated the same thing. I don't think your boots are defective, which is the intent of the lifetime warranty.

Comment

Working...
                                X