Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the lifetime expectancy is 3-4 yrs then have a 3 or 4 yr warranty, not a lifetime......appears to be nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell footwear and it almost worked on me till yesterday

Comment

E-mail sent to department of human resources may get yourself a new pair of boots? At least an acknowledgment to solidify their policies.

Comment

sent one to their Customer Service, wife told the Allen manager she was going to contact corporate and he said "go ahead"....

Comment

with all this being said, I'm very laid back and not the kind of guy that just returns stuff once I've thrashed it but I am willing to use any warranty a business offers, or says they offer.....

Comment

Email corporate and see what they say

I would not go on opinion of one manager

Comment

Who would take a sock back with a hole it it. I mean if it got a hole in the first week or so but taking it back years later is being cheap.

Comment

Last time I was in Cabelas I asked about the lifetime warranty on the pop up blinds and I was told it was the lifetime of the blind and not my lifetime.

Comment

Do you really think that "lifetime warranty" means that one pair of boots is going to last for YOUR entire lifetime? Come on man, surely you are not that naive. How on earth would they ever make any money if someone kept coming back to replace worn out boots every 4 years. Surely, this is not what you expected when you purchased the boots and the lifetime warranty. I guarantee that warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear. Things wear out when you use them as they are intended to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
                    Last time I was in Cabelas I asked about the lifetime warranty on the pop up blinds and I was told it was the lifetime of the blind and not my lifetime.
                    So they need to say that and give a lifetime expectancy for each item they sell with this branding.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      Who would take a sock back with a hole it it. I mean if it got a hole in the first week or so but taking it back years later is being cheap.
                      They aren't inexpensive socks and they offer a no questions asked lifetime warranty so why wouldn't I exchange them, specifically what they told me when buying them, if they ever wear out for any reason bring them in for an exchange...

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        Do you really think that "lifetime warranty" means that one pair of boots is going to last for YOUR entire lifetime? Come on man, surely you are not that naive. How on earth would they ever make any money if someone kept coming back to replace worn out boots every 4 years. Surely, this is not what you expected when you purchased the boots and the lifetime warranty. I guarantee that warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear. Things wear out when you use them as they are intended to be used.
                        So then why offer a lifetime warranty, as everything when worn out, used up or damaged has ended it's lifetime.....

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          Just about any of the good wool sock companies do

Comment

they make sales based on their marketing of lifetime warranty. They offset the cost by their warranty.

I'd call CS or if you have a Bass pro shop nearby, take it back to them. To me, the lifetime warranty is a marketing gimmick to sale their house brand.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              if the lifetime expectancy is 3-4 yrs then have a 3 or 4 yr warranty, not a lifetime......appears to be nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell footwear and it almost worked on me till yesterday

Most lifetime warranties are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If that’s the case they need to determine what they consider the lifetime of the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X