No announcement yet.

10,959 days ago ... the greatest day in my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday, god's willing I have mine on 1/26 been sober since 2006. I had let life get too busy and got away from the program but life hit me in the face and I am back to going to meetings and trying to help them in need of help. I had to learn again to accept the things I can not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
      I'm a 12 pack a day drinker. I felt real proud not drinking the last four days. Now, I'm drunk once again. At least this thread has me going to bed at 15 beers. Maybe there's hope. Seems like wishful thinking after 26 years of hard drinking. Did have three years of moderate drinking (6 pack a night) 15 years ago. Sometimes feels like drinking is the quickest way to a foregone end.
      There is hope for all of us and if you would like some help PM me and I'll give you a call.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
        I’d say you don’t know what you are talking about. Making light of some opening up about the biggest struggle of their life is not cool. Putting an emoji at the end of a d bag statement doesn’t change what you said. This isn’t a BBQ or college football internet banter topic. This is real life stuff that people on this site struggle with...and die from.

Your post just confirms what most users of this site think about you.
        Who are you?

Regardless what the post is it is still just the internet.....not real life.

Do you know Blake? I do. He knows I am just playin. My post was to him, not you......so you can kiss my white *** homeboy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Who are you?

Regardless what the post is it is still just the internet.....not real life.

Do you know Blake? I do. He knows I am just playin. My post was to him, not you......so you can kiss my white *** homeboy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Um....ok

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
            Um....ok
            Believe me, putting this jerk on your ignore list will be a good thing! He was the very first to make mine several years ago. I only have to see his drivel when folks quote his asinine posts... He's not made a positive contribution to the site in years as far as I am concerned.

And for the record, I concur with your post about his post... Showed no class and about par for the course for him.

Comment

Good on you brother. Seen drugs and alcohol ruin many many lives in my time which is a big reason I’ve never picked any of it up. I always look like a weirdo when I’m out and about without a beer or drink in my hand but i just don’t want to take that chance with alcoholism as thick as it is in my family.

Comment

You are a good man, Blake, and I am honored to know you!

TBH has a lot of classy members, and Blake is right up at the top of the pile! BoB...not so much! Class is not in his vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                  I'm a 12 pack a day drinker. I felt real proud not drinking the last four days. Now, I'm drunk once again. At least this thread has me going to bed at 15 beers. Maybe there's hope. Seems like wishful thinking after 26 years of hard drinking. Did have three years of moderate drinking (6 pack a night) 15 years ago. Sometimes feels like drinking is the quickest way to a foregone end.

As a couple of people have already said.....give someone a call and talk. Your life is important and if you want to make a change then the offerings some have made on here are an excellent place to start. Never give up and I'm another you can p.m. if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Blake!

Comment

Congrats Blake on your accomplishment, and for being a solid guy. One of the main reasons I come back to TBH often, real life and real good guys. That and Black Ice's avatar....

Comment

Working...
                      X