Check this sow out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this sow out!

I love all of the pig myths about how they don’t taste good because of this or that, just an excuse to not clean them. Nothing better than wild pork, especially the ribs on a big fat sow like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice pig. What she weigh

Comment

What a fatty!

Comment

That's one fat piggy! Should be some good eating.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            I love all of the pig myths about how they don’t taste good because of this or that, just an excuse to not clean them. Nothing better than wild pork, especially the ribs on a big fat sow like that.
            I am learning that you are absolutely correct. I am new to hunting where there are wild pigs and heard they were not good to eat, I cleaned one and it was great. I heard that only the ones under 100lbs were fit to eat, I cleaned a big one and it was great. I heard boars weren’t any good, not true! Heard that the fat tastes bad...nope!

Comment

Deer fat tastes bad not wild hog.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

That big sow probably tastes great. I eat them as long as they dont stink no matter what the size. I do not make reasons to not clean them besides i dont need 1000's of pounds of hog meat. 9 out of the 10 i shoot or trap become buzzard bait, plain and simple.

But when i do eat them, I trim all the fat off, it absolutely takes away from the flavor of the meat. Or must i say "in my opinion" to pass the forum regulators.

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    Ok your showing the fat layer. I thought you might be showing babies inside.
                    I was thinking so too. Figured she was prego... “That’s a huge Bi#*%!!!”

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                      Ok your showing the fat layer. I thought you might be showing babies inside.
                      Haha, i was looking for piglets too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                        That big sow probably tastes great. I eat them as long as they dont stink no matter what the size. I do not make reasons to not clean them besides i dont need 1000's of pounds of hog meat. 9 out of the 10 i shoot or trap become buzzard bait, plain and simple.

But when i do eat them, I trim all the fat off, it absolutely takes away from the flavor of the meat. Or must i say "in my opinion" to pass the forum regulators.
                        Same here. I need no excuses. I can't begin to eat all the hogs I kill, and besides that, I don't like them. I do keep some from time to time, grind with the chili plate, cook it and feed it to my dog. He likes it !

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                          I am learning that you are absolutely correct. I am new to hunting where there are wild pigs and heard they were not good to eat, I cleaned one and it was great. I heard that only the ones under 100lbs were fit to eat, I cleaned a big one and it was great. I heard boars weren’t any good, not true! Heard that the fat tastes bad...nope!
                          They can taste bad and the fat can taste bad. It all depends on what they have been eating.

Comment

Pregnant sow is the best tasting pig on 4 hooves.

Comment

I prefer a fat feral to deer meat. This is great hog killing and butchering weather
                              Did you weigh her? My bigger sows weighed slightly over 200 live.
                              This one should be at least that.

I missed the county

BP

Comment

Huge piggy!

Comment

Working...
                                X