Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing says Merry Christmas like Killing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all and congrats to junior for breaking the seal on this adventure and a nice axis

Comment

Well, we had an entertaining evening! Junior went with my nephew to chase an axis buck. They saw him and had the buck walking in the tree line. No shot. He came out in the clearing but had a tree between them when he stopped and then walked in to the brush. No shot!

Lil doc went and sat with my sister. They had ball and saw turkeys, axis, whitetail, aiuodad, and blackbuck. She earned her new last name by emptying her quiver! She missed a couple turkeys they think and held at full draw and then missed an aoudad ewe.

I got to hunt by myself and saw quite a few whitetail does, a great blackbuck, a beautiful 10 point whitetail buck and I put the rx-1 to work on a management buck. About to have a drink, hangout and eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Red rocket and a grim reaper made a good blood trail!

Old warrior and ol red!

Once in a while I still get to shoot stuff!!!!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

He will eat well congrats

Comment

hunt 'em up Doc!

Comment

Congrats on the kills.

Comment

Great start to the adventure

Comment

Congrats on getting the new bow dirty. Congrats to Jr on the axis!

Comment

Congrats to y’all!

And Merry Christmas!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tough hunt this am! My nephew and jr saw a few but the big axis was a no show. No shots for them. The wife and I sat together. She got a shot at a turkey at about 12 yards. Looked like a great hit and it looped out in the clearing we were in the hit the brush. I could hear thrashing and thought it was going to die. It came out the far side with no arrow in it and I thought it wouldn’t go far. We have it an hour and saw nothing else. Went and looked and could not find the bird. I’m pretty sure it is dead there was good blood on the arrow. Not real happy because she made what looked like a good shot. Headed to San Antonio now. Headed to Ruth Chris tonight for a steak. Tomorrow is family day then back at it!

Comment

Good luck the rest of the trip. Safe travels and merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                            Forgot to add a little family gift that lil doc and I did. It will be a future adventure and thread I’m sure. The three of us are headed to Casa Vieja lodge I’m Guatemala in February for 3 days of chasing sails. I’m going to try to catch one on a fly rod. I have looked at this trip for 10-12 years and it finally worked. Was going to try to do it spring break but I have to work. We let junior open this gift last night when we had Christmas with the wife’s family. I’m pretty **** excited!!!!!
                            You will love Casa Vieja lodge. They run a first class operation from the fishing to the meals and accommodations. We caught 22 sailfish our first day on the water.

Comment

Sounds like you folks are having a great time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

That's an awesome Christmas!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X