No announcement yet.

Savage Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to find out which Walmarts have this in stock? I remember a while back someone posted a link to where you could see inventory of a specific item when that ammo rebate was going on.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

New Caney Walmart has a few.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a .243 and a .223 at the Conroe Walmart just now. Guy I dealt with said there were none in the back, so I may have got the last 2 there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone seen a 25-06 in regular axis?

Comment

Just picked up the last 22-250 and the last 223 rem St the Georgetown Walmart. All they’ve got left is 1 30-06.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my axis 223 and 243.
              223 with shoot 1” groups with cheap fmj monarch, 5 shot groups. It’s shoots real well with fiochetti 40/50gr Vmax. It’s about buckle size at 100 and still keeps less than 3” at 300yrds.

The 243 shot well with 100grain hornady whitetail, Remington and federal, all 1” or slightly less.

I have a 308 axis and it shoots about 1.5” to 1.25” groups, have tried a lot off different ammo. I get best groups with 150 grain federal premium with NBT.
              It tried 150ge blue box federal, Remington coreloc, hornady white tail. I also tried 165gt deer thugs. I don’t think I tired 180gr stuff though.

So, all good enough for deer, some better than others. Do a trigger mod, whether it be new spring or cut. Triggers horrible. The stock pretty flimsy, light weight gun overall. Prob, would not be fun in 30-06.

Comment

Is this a savage rebate or Walmart deal?

Comment

Walmart in Bryan is a no go till next week

Comment

It’s just a Walmart deal

Comment

The last thing I needed was another rifle but the $175 was too tempting. Picked up a .22-250 this morning at Wal-Mart on I-10 at DeZavala. Total was $189.44 out the door. They had a few other calibers left.

Also had a Remi 700 synthetic on clearance for $290.

Comment

These guns are shooters! Do not let the low price fool you. I won one in a raffle.
                        Simple stock replacement and trigger jobs make these Savage Axis rifle incredible bargains. The factory stock is chintzy/light/cheap feeling, to me anyway. I put on a Boyds, EGW base, Leupold Rifleman, Warne rings and did a you tube trigger job like many. The only thing the rifle needs is a threaded barrel. Shooting .223 50-55gr pills this gun will give me groups under 1". Great value priced rifle.

Comment

All I have is a .22LR from Savage and I love it

Comment

I’ve had an Axis in a 22-50 for a few years now. It’s been a great gun, but the stock trigger isn’t the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine has been fun to shoot. Stock is fine for me. I wanted a cheap 22-250 so I'm not gonna spend $300-400 to make it more expensive.. Would have bought a nice savage or a Tikka if I wanted to spend that kind of money on it.

I did re-do the trigger job and don't have an accu-trigger on it. My brother is long range hobby shooter and a trigger guru of sorts so he set it up for me. It shoots like a dream. I bought it to shoot pigs and does in the lightswitch but there is nothing dead yet except paper several times. I'm enjoying killing pigs with my bow and watching my buddy's young kids shoot my does too much to pull it out. I do need to christen it though. Maybe a varmint hunt is in my future

Comment

Got a 223 Rem last year and with the rebate ... $179
                                Got a trigger kit .. no creep @3.5 lbs combined with a Good scope .. 1" groups with factory ammo and 1/2" groups with choice handloads ..

Comment

Working...
                                X