Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What credit card do you use?

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
    2008 Cadillac CTS and 2013 Tundra paid off.

13 year old in private school

And have my oldest in Texas State

All paid for cash

So yeah I said we live within our means and pay cash for everything, I didn’t say YOU should live within your means, I said WE live within our means, so Felicia ain’t going nowhere...

You do understand that paying with a credit card and paying it off every month is the same as paying cash except somebody is paying you to use their money?

I make my purchasing decisions on how much cash I have in my bank account not how much credit I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 12-18-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Chase has literally paid me thousands of $$$$ to use their money over the past 12 years.

I have paid Chase exactly $0.00 in interest.

To each his own but I don't see cash paying me to use cash.

Comment

Chase Sapphire and Chase Marriott.
        I pay every bill and 95% of all my purchase with a credit card. Never is a balance carried over. I have the cash to pay all my bills and I save for what I want. I just use a middle man (credit card with points) to make my purchases. Wife and I get free flights every year just by paying our normal everyday expenses.

Comment

Chase Saphire for everything except Amazon purchases. Amazon Prime VISA for those. Autopay set up to pay in full every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            Chase has literally paid me thousands of $$$$ to use their money over the past 12 years.

I have paid Chase exactly $0.00 in interest.

To each his own but I don't see cash paying me to use cash.
            I believe I have decided on the chase freedom unlimited. The 5% bonus categories convinced me lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I believe I have decided on the chase freedom unlimited. The 5% bonus categories convinced me lol
              There is the Freedom which has the bonus categories and Freedom Unlimited which is 1.5% cash back or 1.5UR points back per dollar spent. The Freedom Unlimited has a signup bonus. Be sure you sign up for the card you are after.

Comment

Chase Freedom Unlimted - 1.5% on all purchases. Use their shop through Chase and get an extra 1%-5% back at different stores. I shop online a lot and get quite a bit of cash back each year. Usually around$1500-2k. We don't travel (fly) very much so this card has worked great for us. I believe they offer a 0% intro period, mine was 18 months.

Comment

I've never paid a dime in credit card interest. I also pay off my credit card every Friday instead of waiting for the statement. By paying it off once a week it works pretty much like debit but I get all the consumer protection of using a credit card.

I waited until Chase was doing their 50,000 point promotion on Southwest Airlines cards and I signed up for a personal and a business card. I came out of the gate with 100,000 points and that got me to a companion pass where I can bring someone to fly for free anytime I fly. I have now flown 39 times in a row on Southwest without paying for a ticket.

Comment

Dave Ramsey lost me when he told people not to put money in their 401k, even if their employer matched. That’s just throwing money away. Not smart.

Paying cash for stuff isn’t always what’s best for your financial future either. Borrow 40k for 5 years at 0-2% interest. Put the 40k you have in an SP500 index fund and get 7.5% return on average. Atleast the Vanguard fund anyways...

Responsible people can use CCs to increase their income. 2% adds up!
                    Last edited by 12RingKing; 12-23-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Only debt I carry at the moment is my mortgage
                      I bank at LMCU which pays me 3% on my checking account - 450.00 of free money this year

I use citi double card for EVERYTHING (except mortgage payment) and pay off as I go. Currently sitting on 575.00 of free money I can use anytime or continue to build.

I shop on line first by using Active Junky which pays 10-12% back on many sites and that is on top of whatever promotion that site already offers ( sign up using my link if you like and we could both get extra 10.00 - https://www.activejunky.com/invite/161166 - Have gotten 100's back over the last ew years!

Fund a 401K, max Roth, started HSA and invest in taxable when I get a bonus. Keep emergency fund at Ally for 1.25%. I am no where near rich (middle class - single parent), just worked hard to pay off bills. Took several years to get where I am - no Dave Ramsey for me!
                      Last edited by ntxshooter; 12-23-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                        Marriott Rewards Visa

X2

Comment

I have personal and business Chase Southwest. My in laws live in Arizona so we use it for our flights.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Sounds like a good choice.

I too use 2 rewards points cards and haven’t carried a balance in 20+ years.
                            USAA amex for most things (2% on gas and groceries)
                            And Academy Visa if they don’t take Amex.
                            Academy pays you back in $25.00 gift cards I usually put towards another box of ammo.

Here’s another twist- my credit union pays 1.9% on balances in “rewards checking “ carried Up to 20k. (Then a lower amount after that)

So the more money I keep in there, the larger my monthly payout.
                            Thus by using the credit card and not paying until right before it’s due I’m keeping the money in my interest earning checking account longer.
                            Win win.

Comment

You guys that use the sapphire reserve, is it pretty easy to go through chase and book flights? We are thinking about getting one to help us with some flights this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                You guys that use the sapphire reserve, is it pretty easy to go through chase and book flights? We are thinking about getting one to help us with some flights this summer.
                                Yes you just use the Chase travel portal. I believe it is the same as Orbitz or Expedia. You can book whatever you want at 1.5 cents per point. A $300 flight will cost 20,000 points. You can also transfer to a frequent flier program if you want. When you use the Chase travel portal to book reward flights you do not need to worry about award availability and you can earn airline frequent flier miles on the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X