No announcement yet.

GSP or Brittany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, if you have a firm hand when they need it and a lot of praise when they deserve it, you’ll never look past a gsp. Yes they use their nose a lot. Which I got agitated at first every time you knock a bird down my gsp will get down wind instead of exactly a straight line. But it grew on me because it’s fun to watch him do a complete 180 if he passed it up and winded it. I’ve never seen a lab with the drive a gsp has. And I’ve seen some good labs. There’s not much quit in a gsp. I have two a male and a female and my uncle has a littermate to my male and there is no quit in any of them. Tell them “bird” and they ain’t gonna quit. And just as good a pet as they are hunters. The gsps I’ve been around seem to know when to be hyper and when to keep it contained.

Comment

I'd be surprised is you find a good field bred vizla for much less than $800.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a good friend who has a GSP. She is an awesome dog, very good natured. She is an excellent pointer, but she will not retrieve. She is 4 years old and is decently calm.

Im with the crew suggesting one of the smaller lab breeds. Can't beat their disposition.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
          I'd be surprised is you find a good field bred vizla for much less than $800.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          I was quoted $2000 last night 😳

Comment

GSP or Brittany

Creekside kennels is where we got our vizsla
            6 month wait and $1,000 4 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X