Hagerman Helicopter hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Helicopter hogs

Herald Democrat out of Sherman reporting helicopter hunt over past 3 days resulted in appx 630 hogs being take off the H.. dang!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hunt was 5th - 7th and yes 630

Didn’t someone here say heli hunts at the Hag wouldn’t work Cus it’s too thick??

Comment

That's a lot of pigs from one place. Sounds like they really needed to do some thinning if they killed that many. Goodness how many pounds of wild pork would that be!!??

Comment

Wasn't enough.....place is infested!! Kill em all!!!

Comment

By the time we get there in March, there will be 2-3 more litters, footballs!

Comment

Glad they killed em, but that's just a small dent in the population.

Comment

Dropping my index card off tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Hunt was 5th - 7th and yes 630

Didn’t someone here say heli hunts at the Hag wouldn’t work Cus it’s too thick??
                Yes they did!! It was a reply to a post I made about them needing to do more hunts, but due to a low budget, they could only do 1 or 2 a year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Helicopter hunts this time of year work just about anywhere. No foliage on trees, etc.

That’s a lot of dead pigs!

Skinny

Comment

Isn't there 6 units? That would be about 105 pigs per unit average. Not really that many considering the size of the properties.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I was always raised to eat what we shoot and not to waste what could be eaten. Sure a helicopter hunt would be fun but to kill that many hogs and not eat them would be a huge waste. Hope you guys have fun and get your fill maybe you can give the rest away to the towns people in the area.

Comment

Mucho death.

Comment

Is this a hunt you can put in for?
                          Or a state funded deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ReneC. View Post
                            I was always raised to eat what we shoot and not to waste what could be eaten. Sure a helicopter hunt would be fun but to kill that many hogs and not eat them would be a huge waste. Hope you guys have fun and get your fill maybe you can give the rest away to the towns people in the area.
                            If your house was infested with Rats would you eat all you killed? Same thing with pigs. They are invasive, a nuisance and cause millions of dollars of damage a year. If some can be saved to donate to food banks/shelters that's good but I don't lose any sleep over the *******s being wasted.

Comment

I believe it. My neighbor has 11,000 acres and every year in early February his helicopter hunts yield 200 hogs on 1 day. Then he'll come back a month later, just before planting and do it again. I'll bet he gets more this year because I've seen a lot more pregnant sows and babies running around.

Comment

Working...
                              X