No announcement yet.

Hagerman Helicopter hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see them do the pig hunts like they do small game hunts. Open a few units for a month at a time with self check in. I know that it would still not put a dent in the population but it would create more opportunity for hunters. And there is obviously interest because they have more applicants than allotted hunting spots each year.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
      I would like to see them do the pig hunts like they do small game hunts. Open a few units for a month at a time with self check in. I know that it would still not put a dent in the population but it would create more opportunity for hunters. And there is obviously interest because they have more applicants than allotted hunting spots each year.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
      The reason they said they wouldn't do that in the past is fear of deer getting poached, well if you read the story about the grayson bucks and the poaching ring around the refuge being busted its happening anyway. The big deer seem to have dwindled some around there, not sure which is more to blame the hogs or humans.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        The reason they said they wouldn't do that in the past is fear of deer getting poached, well if you read the story about the grayson bucks and the poaching ring around the refuge being busted its happening anyway. The big deer seem to have dwindled some around there, not sure which is more to blame the hogs or humans.
        Easy fix. Do hunts March thru April.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Easy fix. Do hunts March thru April.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          I agree, maybe with the new management @ the refuge they will consider it, the new guys seem to be taking a more proactive approach at the pig problem so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
            Can you imagine the smell in a few days!!!!

I was out there at HQ the day after and there were so many buzzards I counted begin to count them

Comment

Working...
            X