Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFL! love it!

Comment

Nicely done Johnny. Big congrats goes out to your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Thanks! Yea, that video has gone down as a classic! lol For anyone who missed it, here is Colton cup checking me 5 years ago. Haha It was actually right above my knee praise God.

I appreciate it everyone! I would like to respond to a few posts later when I get in front of a computer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lmfao!! The grunt is hilarious! Thanks for reposting!

Comment

aint that cool, congrats and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
            Congrats Johnny and Colton. My oldest pitched for Conroe years ago. He's in South Korea now flying for the U. S. Army.

Make as many great memories as you can. In the end, they are what are most treasured.
            That's awesome. I'm sure you are mighty proud. Tell him THANK YOU for his service!

Comment

Thats fantastic Johnny. Followed you and Colton through the years, as he is right there with my son with his love of baseball.

My boy has had some offers, and its been a difficult decision for him to turn them down at this point.

But he has his mind set on medical school and will be attending ATM Corpus next year. They are stacked already down there, and have no new spots open as of right now. But he will be making a run at walking on. His former HS coach is now coaching close by, and he's friends with the HC at Corpus. So they know who he is and know he's interested in playing at the next level.

Well see what happens, and his final HS baseball season cant come soon enough. After years of travel ball and going all over the country. Its a bitter sweet year for us, and Im sure for you.

Congrats to Colton and wish him nothing but the best of luck pursuing his passion.

Comment

Well I was fixing to start quoting a bunch of you on here but figured I would spare all of you. lol Again, thanks for the words everyone...they are very much appreciated.

I few words for those who are thinking of going the select ball route with their children or currently have their children playing select ball...

Remember, baseball is a very small part of their lives, no matter how long they play. Most kids will not play beyond high school which means their time playing the game is done by the age of 18 yrs old. Even if they go on to college and play then that means they are done playing the game around 21 yrs old. I will take that a step further. By some lucky chance and the starts align, if they make it to the pros, the average pro career is about what, 6 years I believe? So at the most, they are done playing ball at 26 to 27 years old. They have the rest of their lives to live out after that which is another 50+/- years of living.

Most select baseball orgs will pound baseball into your head telling you you need to play year round, you need to be in every tournament, you need to hold him back a year etc etc. Remember, you are raising your son, they aren't. You do what you think is best for your son for the rest of his life. Baseball in temporary. Just my 2 cents worth.
                Last edited by Johnny; 12-06-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

That story hits home. What an awesome write up. Went through almost the same ride with my daughter who's playing D1 ball in the Southand conference now and on my second run with my son who's a Jr in high school. Not sure if he's going football or baseball yet. Those are lifelong memories that can never be replaced. Thanks for the story it literally made my day. Congratulations to Colton for his amazing success and congrats to you for instilling the important things in life in him

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Congrats to both of you Johnny- I'm two years behind you except I can not get mine in the woods anymore. We spent many days, weeks, hours in the marshes around Seadrift for years. Chasing redfish and ducks was just what we did. this year he is a sophomore and has not gone with me once as he wants to workout or throw. I also hope he is offered to play at a school close to a marsh somewhere so we can maybe share time in the marsh again.
                    He seems hungry for the game, which is great! Do not worry about his lack of interest right now in his time in the woods...he has his own story. Good times my man.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I know the Kid(man) and can tell you there is no finer young man out there. Values instilled by Johnny and God make a greatly balanced opportunity town the future. Super congrats to the entire Debowski family. Im gad to call yall my friends.
                      Right back at you my man. Thank you for the words. As the calendar turns, maybe I can get you and your Pops down there along the coast to take in a game and do a little fishing at the same time. It sure would be nice to fill up an igloo of trout n reds with you and Mr. David. We will take Justin's boat out.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                        Galveston is part of the toughest conference in the Nation. You will be shocked when you see how many pro scouts are in the stands at almost every game. He will get more exposure there than at some D1 colleges. My son plays for Wharton, also in Galveston's conference. We routinely play D1 schools in the fall, and some in the early spring. We beat a couple of the smaller D1's fairly handily last year, and one went on to win their conference. He will get two to three times the experience and exposure at Galveston than he would going to a D1 straight out of HS. It is a wild ride. My son was all everything as a baseball player in HS, but is a PO in college. It is a real wake up call to go to a game and sit there all day to see him pitch an inning or two. To play JuCo ball you have to LOVE the game. It is a grind, but the rewards are great.
                        Thanks for the feedback my man and looking forward to watching Colton go to work on the bump for GC. It is a great atmosphere down that way and one that he is very familiar with. Heck, he can see the surf from the pitchers mound. I love everything about this decision and your 2 cents makes it even more clearer. He gets to pitch at a high level and be in an atmosphere that he can excel in. Whatever happens happens...I'm just along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                          Thats fantastic Johnny. Followed you and Colton through the years, as he is right there with my son with his love of baseball.

My boy has had some offers, and its been a difficult decision for him to turn them down at this point.

But he has his mind set on medical school and will be attending ATM Corpus next year. They are stacked already down there, and have no new spots open as of right now. But he will be making a run at walking on. His former HS coach is now coaching close by, and he's friends with the HC at Corpus. So they know who he is and know he's interested in playing at the next level.

Well see what happens, and his final HS baseball season cant come soon enough. After years of travel ball and going all over the country. Its a bitter sweet year for us, and Im sure for you.

Congrats to Colton and wish him nothing but the best of luck pursuing his passion.

ATM Corpus is a great school! They wanted Colton but just not quite the right fit. I wish your boy the best and good things to come for him in the future. Keep me up to date via PM on his progress.

Comment

best wishes for continued success on the diamond and in life

Comment

Working...
                            X