Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Eating Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been fortunate to guide hunts on a ranch that has close to 70 species of animals so I’ve eaten just about everything African European and Asia. With that said most everything tastes the same when prepared correctly. Couple that stand out:

Zebra is good to eat. The South African PH’s I guide with won’t eat it in Africa but will eat it here. They say the different diet makes the difference.

Pere David is prob my favorite game meat besides moose.

Bongo is very good.

Wildebeest is right there with Pere David deer very very good.

Wasn’t a fan of Tahr edible but not the best about like Aoudad

Sambar is really good about like axis imo.

Watusi makes a fine steak

Hog deer was about like whitetail.

Comment

In the last couple weeks we have had Nilgai, Axis, whitetail and Blackbuck.
      The Nilgai is fantastic, ( given to me by a customer) better than beef to me. The Blackbuck was burger and was very good, I expected differently, pleasantly surprised. Given to me by a friend.
      We eat Axis quite a bit, I arrowed a few and still have some in the freezer, it is good, just like whitetail except maybe less flavor if that makes sense.

Comment

Muley backstrap!

Comment

BB and fallow I give away. I prefer WT over either of them. Goats&sheep I give away as well. Elk and red deer is excellent. Axis is very good. Red Hartebeest is excellent and Eland is pretty dang good as well.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pere David
            Eland
            Young Scimitar

The best Game meat I’ve had In that order. Sheep has been mentioned many times, another one you definitely want to stay away from is waterbuck. It’s terrible.

Comment

Working...
            X