No announcement yet.

Eating Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai, Axis, Sika, Fallow, Oryx, Addax and Red Stag...all excellent table fare.

Comment

Blackbuck

Comment

Somewhere in this world any critter you can think of is considered a delicacy. Americans tend to be a bit picky about food. That's why you won't see authentic cuisine from other parts of the world. General tsos chicken isn't something you find in Asia, etc..

Comment

Have a cousin that went on an African hunt & he told me the best of the African game was Zebra
          Who’d a thunk?

Comment

I shot an aoudad ewe last year. Everyone told me they were horrible. I steaked the back straps and ground the rest for jerky. The steaks were really good albeit a bit tougher than an old whitetail buck. The jerky was hands down the best I have ever made.

I have had elk, fallow, blackbuck, red stag and several of the African plains game. Hard to be nyala and blesbok.

Comment

The bigger the animal the better the venison. Life is too short to eat goats and sheep

Comment

wild sheep...like a Dall sheep in Alaska is spectacular. Not sure about the yard sheep aged to have big horns??

Comment

Originally posted by BigValley View Post
                  Axis is DELICIOUS
                  It's dang-near beef!

Comment

Wagyu is good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

All of them basically….

Comment

Corsican, Fallow, Blackbuck, Javelina are all good eating. Axis, to me, had no flavor at all.

Comment

I've ate whitetail, mule deer, bison, moose, elk, caribou, axis, and fallow. I prefer fallow by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                            Somewhere in this world any critter you can think of is considered a delicacy. Americans tend to be a bit picky about food. That's why you won't see authentic cuisine from other parts of the world. General tsos chicken isn't something you find in Asia, etc..
                            This is very true. I've come to the conclusion I am either an oddity or don't have refined taste buds like most others. If you season and cook most things side by side without knowing what is what, people would be shocked at what they prefer over another.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                              I'm kinda surprised by sheep being a no go? I love farmed sheep and I know obviously there's going ti be a difference, but that much of one? I like goat too though so maybe it's just me.
                              It's one of those things. You like it or you don't no in-between.
                              I think sheep is better the black buck. But it depends on the sheep

Comment

My order when harvested/preserved/cooked by myself or close hunting family/friends:
                                1. Elk(nothing better than med-rare with a lite sweet glaze and red wine w/wild rice)
                                2. Mule Deer/Nilgai (similar & nice but not same)
                                3. Fallow or Axis
                                4. Stag

555. Anything goat. Don't care for it. Hated pronghorn and the other goats. Just a preference. It's goat.

Comment

Working...
                                X