Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Suggestions?..helicopter pig control while in stand deer hunting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt on this lease with ghostskull and I am very frustrated with the situation. This is right in the heart of hunting season. I'm pretty sure our land owner is not aware of the situation at hand. We have left a message for him to call us back. I could understand it if it was after hunting season but it's not. What frustrates me is the time preparing for hunting season, the cost to keep the feeders going,lease fees, food and fuel cost for each trip, vacation days planned in the past and in the near future and then this so called government trapper ruins our hunting season by hovering around our feeders shooting at pigs and running our deer off. How is this right? He can obviously see it is hunted by the stands, feeders, and campers on the place. Anyone with any kind of respect, morals, or ethics would not do this during deer season!

Comment

Your hunting season is not ruined as long as they don't keep flying it. Deer aren't going to disappear. Sucks but I wouldn't be writing off the season. Deer hunting may improve if they thinned out the hogs.

Comment

Edit: Disregard. I thought OP said chopper had LO permission. Just saw fellow lease member said LO is NOT aware.

If it is a "govt trapper" (honestly I didn't even know this was a thing), then surely they know that it is deer hunting season. Something seems "off".
        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
          GW has been contacted, he is the one who found out who it was..apparently has landowner consent.
          Originally posted by Horn a holic View Post
          I'm pretty sure our land owner is not aware of the situation at hand.!
          so we still dont know if the land owner gave permission or not? i would be furious either way!

Comment

I'd be knocking on the landowners door, forget the phone calls...

Comment

You need to contact the GW asap.

Last year, a helicopter flew low and slow over my property and my neighbor's property at night, spotlighting hogs. I called the GW and they said they were trying to find the guy and really appreciated me calling it in. They said the guy had flown over my other neighbor's place in the past.

They would rather have a false call in than no call in. Let them investigate it.

Comment

The GW and Sheriff should be contacted and file a complaint. They should handle it.
                Interfering with someone's hunting is against the law, so GW should be able to enforce it.

Comment

That helicopter looks like a migratory bird to me. Just make sure you have a stamp. Happy hunting.

Comment

Hate that this is happening to you all. Following to see what LO has to say; hope it gets worked out and you all end up having a successful rest of the season...maybe there could be a discounted lease rate next season?

Comment

In for the results. Hope y’all figure it out and get some restitution for the ruined hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Solution on sale for $45,000

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          That helicopter looks like a migratory bird to me. Just make sure you have a stamp. Happy hunting.
                          Do you have a recipe for little bird?

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal View Post
                            Last edited by GhostSkull; 11-21-2017, 01:54 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I doubt he is doing it without landowner permission and the landowner not calling you back is a pretty good sign that he doesn't want to be questioned about it. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                                I doubt he is doing it without landowner permission and the landowner not calling you back is a pretty good sign that he doesn't want to be questioned about it. Best of luck to you.
                                Our landowner’s is not like that....

Comment

Working...
                                X