Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions?..helicopter pig control while in stand deer hunting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like shooting towards or near feeders could end up with a manslaughter charge.
    They have no idea if someone is 10yds away or 200 yds away during deer season

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Seems like shooting towards or near feeders could end up with a manslaughter charge.
      They have no idea if someone is 10yds away or 200 yds away during deer season
      My thoughts exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
        GW has been contacted, he is the one who found out who it was..apparently has landowner consent. We haven’t been able to contact our landowner yet but can’t imagine he would have not told us this was going on...very unsafe!
        wow, I can't believe he would allow that during deer season

Comment

S.S.S... I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I would be calling and finding out why this guys thinks he has permission to be doing this. Did a landowner tell him it was ok? Did he pay for the privileges? Or is he just hunting (poaching) the wrong piece of land? Either way it is unexceptable for him to be out there without your knowledge, that could end terribly for someone on the ground. I would be furious... Government or not this is total B.S.

If pilot was in the wrong, He would be paying for all the pigs he killed and extra for ruining my deer season. I would probably be after his license.

If landowner granted access, he would be refunding my money.

Or... You can try and make friends and get a few (possibly illegal) helicopter hunts out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
            GW has been contacted, he is the one who found out who it was..apparently has landowner consent. We haven’t been able to contact our landowner yet but can’t imagine he would have not told us this was going on...very unsafe!
            Ya, i would not be ok with that at all. Most importantly safety, but also the ruined hunting. What if you were in a bow blind right on your feeder???

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
              Ya, i would not be ok with that at all. Most importantly safety, but also the ruined hunting. What if you were in a bow blind right on your feeder???
              We primarily bow hunt....there is atleast one stand within 30yds of every feeder..

Comment

That is dang sure scary. It would probably be a good idea to suspend helicopter hunting during deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  That is dang sure scary. It would probably be a good idea to suspend helicopter hunting during deer season.
                  Guess we could start bird hunting...

Comment

See if you can get the tail number off the picture you have and turn him in to a GW then call the FAA on him

Comment

Suggestions?..helicopter pig control while in stand deer hunting..

I would lose my chit if that happened to me.

Couldn't imagine being in a pop up 20 yards from the feeder and an idiot shows up in a helicopter shooting down right in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, if this is a lease I'd be asking for some money back!

Comment

Shoot back and claim self defense

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                            Shoot back and claim self defense
                            I may post a large sign on top of each feeder..”hooves up! Don’t shoot!” Or maybe “Corn eater lives matter”..idk

Comment

Our county commissioner in Runnels county (who is also our ranch hand) said they hired a former military sniper for riding around in a helicopter and killings hogs. We gave him permission to do this on our land but definitely not during deer season.

Comment

If landowner gave them permission to hunt during deer season that you payed for I would want full refund plus whatever that amount was for ruining what I paid for and leaving me no option to recover season

I understand that many landowners want/need as many hogs as can be exterminated but one that would do it while clients had already paid for hunting rights would.....
                                * lease to others when primary party was not there (i.e. Day hunts)
                                * let family members/friends (and even themselves) hunt your stands while you are not there
                                * let someone else lease it out from under you at the very last minute
                                And who knows what else

If they don't have permission the landowner needs to take legal action on your behalf

Comment

Working...
                                X