Duramax delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
    Why do guys delete there trucks? I have had diesels for 15 years and personally I like the no diesel smell, no smoke?
    Power.
    Fuel efficiency.
    Less parts breakage
    Power.
    Better responsiveness.
    Power.
    No more DEF.
    Power.
    Less wear on injectors, etc.
    Power
    Efficient combustion Engines are not meant to **** in their own mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
      My story is word for word as the OP but a 09 with 100K miles. Will it make my truck any louder? Any recommendations for a mechanic around DFW? is I delete would a dealership take your truck in trade if you decide to trade?

Hope I'm not high jacking if so let me know OP.
      Dealer took my 09 duramax after it was deleted. Like a moron I forgot the tune was still in it. Now I have a programmer thats VIN locked.

But the 09 duramax is before DEF fluid,pumps ect. Its only got the extra filter in the exhaust. You could cut that out and might increase the sound a little. IMO youre better off with new, better flowing and larger pipe. Mine wasnt loud enough in the cab at normal speeds and driving to bother you. I liked the way it sounded. Especially with the the open intake at an idle!

Comment

Just deleted two 2012 duramaxs because we got tired of taking them in for def problems. One had 50k and one had 80k, both had been in shop 3 times for sensors with last shop bill $700 for a nox sensor. After we got it back from shop the mpgs dropped from 21mpg to 14mpgs i think from a nearly constant regen.

To do complete delete, switch install, and new 5" exhaust with resonator, it took 2 of us about 2 hrs each. Went with Cory from PPEI, great customer service and product. Overall it was very easy. Expect 2mpg increase from delete. Truck is very quiet, which is what i wanted, can hear the whistling which i like.

Comment

Cory and his crew at PPEI are the best!

I had the opportunity to delete & load PPEI tunes on multiple Duramaxes when I was with Wright Bros Customs, (940)389-4694
          Last edited by KenHays; 11-22-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Dealer took my 09 duramax after it was deleted. Like a moron I forgot the tune was still in it. Now I have a programmer thats VIN locked.

But the 09 duramax is before DEF fluid,pumps ect. Its only got the extra filter in the exhaust. You could cut that out and might increase the sound a little. IMO youre better off with new, better flowing and larger pipe. Mine wasnt loud enough in the cab at normal speeds and driving to bother you. I liked the way it sounded. Especially with the the open intake at an idle!
            Vin locked?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
              Any more recommendations for Duramax tuners in the Houston area?
              PSP Diesels is on the South Side of Houston with a good shop. Art is the owner and Kevin Pryor is one of the workers who can get you some numbers

On the North side in Conroe is Willets Diesel.

In Splendora visit Dustin Sterling at Sterling Diesel Performance.

I’ve had work done by PSP and Dustin Sterling and the Willet guy is well respected in the Houston Diese scene.

Comment

One more thing to think about when deleting a newer duramax is the fuel pump conversion. The newer trucks have a cp4 pump and is know to have issues that are catastrophic to the fuel system. If your truck is deleted and this happens it is mucho$$$.

If you do a cp3 conversion when you do the delete this will not happen.

Wright brothers told me it’s almost like a insurance plan.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                  Vin locked?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                  The programmer goes by the vehicle vin. When I traded it I failed to plug in and "return to stock". This keeps you from programming multiple trucks. It would have to be sent back or unlocked online for a fee

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                    One more thing to think about when deleting a newer duramax is the fuel pump conversion. The newer trucks have a cp4 pump and is know to have issues that are catastrophic to the fuel system. If your truck is deleted and this happens it is mucho$$$.

If you do a cp3 conversion when you do the delete this will not happen.

Wright brothers told me it’s almost like a insurance plan.
                    Depends on definition of new. Believe its only a 5 year warranty and then its your own dime either way. They also have to prove tune caused failure, very dependent on dealer. I think cp4 started in 2011 and not sure it changed much since . Sample of posts online seem that stock trucks are just as vulnerable as mild tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                      Depends on definition of new. Believe its only a 5 year warranty and then its your own dime either way. They also have to prove tune caused failure, very dependent on dealer. I think cp4 started in 2011 and not sure it changed much since . Sample of posts online seem that stock trucks are just as vulnerable as mild tunes.
                      Yes i agree when the warranty is out it’s on your dime and I️ think your right on the 2011

Comment

Delete absolutely everything you won't regret it I waited till warranty was up but wish I woulda done it sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may have missed it in the previous posts but what would be a ballpark price on a full delete? I've got a '13 duramax I'd like to get worked on.

Comment

Deleted EGR,DEF system & exhaust filter crap on my 2014 at 125,000 miles and I’m now at 170,000 and wished I’d have done it at mile 1! I don’t have black smoke blowing out my tailpipe & I don’t want it either. I have it programmed to stock setting and I’m averaging 19 miles per gallon. Truck runs better, has more power pulling a load & I don’t have to deal with the def fluid or that exhaust filter clogging up and reducing my engine power. This is my 3rd duramax, 03,08 & this 14. I put 250,000 on both the 03 & the 08 & will hopefully do the same to this 14.
                            Last edited by Highbridge hand; 11-23-2017, 05:40 PM. Reason: 8th grade education

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              I may have missed it in the previous posts but what would be a ballpark price on a full delete? I've got a '13 duramax I'd like to get worked on.
                              DIY
                              PPEI delete, 5 stage switch program, full 5" exhaust and resonator was $2k. Did not block egr, but not planning to hot rod so didnt think it was necessary, will try to knock out at a later time.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                                I had my 2014 done for just over 2000.00 here in Oklahoma. EGR, def system, exhaust filter & new exhaust

Comment

Working...
                                X