Grayson County rut activity??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    We see our mature bucks throughout the season. So, do others nearby. When the rut hits they transition from nocturnal to moving during shooting hours. Of course there is times when we see some disappear then reappear later. We try to wait until they start moving during the day before we start hunting to minimize chances of spooking them entering/leaving stands. Usually we get serious about hunting around mid November-mid December.
    Good info, I appreciate the insight

Comment

Originally posted by dsliland View Post
      Good info, I appreciate the insight
      Your welcome.

Good luck out there hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They're definitely locked down. I witnessed first hand on Saturday a mature buck and doe hung up and staying in the same spot. Also watched the buck run off some spikes which was kind of entertaining.

I also haven't seen any bucks during my hunt over the last two days.

In regards to rut on my place I have game pics over the last 3yrs of bucks showing up in the day time from Nov 14th to Jan 1st.
        Last edited by blide; 12-05-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I’ll let y’all know tomorrow. No work. Might as well go scare some deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pulled all the camera cards this morning. Activity has slowed! Heading out shortly to hunt.

On a side note, I have more pigs on camera then I am used to. May take one out tonight.

Comment

Went tonight. Saw an armadillo. And that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by BtheBuck View Post
                Pulled all the camera cards this morning. Activity has slowed! Heading out shortly to hunt.

On a side note, I have more pigs on camera then I am used to. May take one out tonight.
                Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                Went tonight. Saw an armadillo. And that’s it.
                what are your thoughts. Rut is slowing down or still going?
                are the cameras set on feeders/corn?
                are you hunting over feeders/corn

Comment

Originally posted by dsliland View Post
                  what are your thoughts. Rut is slowing down or still going?
                  are you hunting over feeders/corn
                  Slowing down but bucks still chasing. Does grouping back up. Bucks will nose does around from now to the end of season.

Comment

hoping to get out tomorrow morning... of course now it's super cold!

Comment

[QUOTE=dsliland;12993777]what are your thoughts. Rut is slowing down or still going?
                      are you hunting over feeders/corn[/

I saw a small 7 inside the ears chasing. Cameras are set both on feeders and trails. I have quit hunting over feeders for now and focusing on some trails in the bottoms with some hand corn. It think it's all about being at the right place at the right time.

Comment

Hunted this am. 15° and little to no wind, saw one small buck cruise by checking feeder at 8:50 and that was it. With conditions being what they were really thought I would've seen good movement, but did not!

Comment

So I pulled my camera. Weeks worth of pics shows most action at night of course. And my target buck is coming in last three days at lunch time. Time to change it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rprock View Post
                            Hunted this am. 15° and little to no wind, saw one small buck cruise by checking feeder at 8:50 and that was it. With conditions being what they were really thought I would've seen good movement, but did not!
                            I work the 12 hour night shift,and Im outside several times during the night,the deer were out feeding all night long up to around 5am then they disappeared

Comment

I skipped hunting and camera proved me right. Then my only big guy came in at 12:15... last sunday he came in at 9:20am. Can't win haha

Comment

Hehe, yeah I'm giving my spot a rest as well. Planted some seed and pulled my cards on Friday and not much on camera. Hopefully will get some time in the woods on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X