Grayson County rut activity??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    Sorry, fat fingered the dang phone. I meant 36 acres.
    Surely you got a place that big fenced off into smaller sections?

Comment

RUT is just starting on our place. Next week should be GOOD

Comment

I'm heading out in the morning from 6am to 1pm and will give an update on what I'm seeing. My pics over the last couple of days are mostly doe's with a couple of smaller bucks wondering around.

Comment

Also did a bunch of game camera photo reviews today and found that the over the last 3yrs several different large bucks have shown up on Dec 4th like clock work, so I'll be doing an all day hunt on that day.

Comment

I rattled in 2 yesterday. One had a horn broke off. The one that followed him in was a shooter, but didn’t give me a lane.

Seems rut in Grayson is in full swing..?

Comment

I sat from 6am to 6pm and saw 5 younger bucks all cruising the woods today and not one stopped or even looked up at any of my grunts, so that means they only have one thing on their mind. Didn't see any doe's today so they may be locked down.

Comment

Had a young 2.5 yr old chasing a few does around last weekend in the morning. Had a 3 year old locked down on a doe yesterday morning, she was trying to get corn and he would bump her off. looked like he could care less about the corn. I have the same three year old, he was alone; last week and around last Wednesday on a corn pile a good distance away from the area he was with the doe.

not sure if that helps, I am new to being clued in on or expecting the rut
                any other reports?

Comment

We've had intense rutting action from the mature bucks for the past 2 weeks. My best friend shot a 139 1/8 10 point. The taxidermist aged him at 7.5 years old. A buck we haven't seen on camera since 2014. We also had a sighting of our 200"+ buck last week he is getting old and going downhill on us, a 165" 12, a 145" 10, and a 130" 10 that is young.

He busted his G3 on his death run. It can be fixed though!
                  Last edited by SB09; 12-04-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I really think the first wave has already hit and the big boys are locked down. I haven’t seen anything for almost 10 days so I am hoping they will get up and start cruising again here anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                      What’s it looking like in north Texas right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm single so, I rut near Grayson County most weekends

Comment

Last year I had the same mature bucks and a few that needed a year or two showing up continually; very little time away. They were hitting hand corn from Early November through January. This year haven't had much showing up, a few bucks that look good but need that extra year... what's the pattern for the rut? It's probably different for everyone, but I would be interested to hear.
                        I cant tell if people stop getting photos of mature deer for a while or when it starts up they start seeing more deer on camera? Maybe they see new deer?

Comment

Originally posted by dsliland View Post
                          Last year I had the same mature bucks and a few that needed a year or two showing up continually; very little time away. They were hitting hand corn from Early November through January. This year haven't had much showing up, a few bucks that look good but need that extra year... what's the pattern for the rut? It's probably different for everyone, but I would be interested to hear.
                          I cant tell if people stop getting photos of mature deer for a while or when it starts up they start seeing more deer on camera? Maybe they see new deer?
                          We see our mature bucks throughout the season. So, do others nearby. When the rut hits they transition from nocturnal to moving during shooting hours. Of course there is times when we see some disappear then reappear later. We try to wait until they start moving during the day before we start hunting to minimize chances of spooking them entering/leaving stands. Usually we get serious about hunting around mid November-mid December.

Comment

Had a good one come through yesterday while I was heading off to church. Happy something worth shooting showed up, sad cause I couldn't shoot it!

Comment

Pulled cards yesterday, seems like movement has slowed down significantly

Comment

i gave it a break after missing a 160" on Thursday morning. sick to my stomach. he was chasing hard. giving the property a break till tomorrow or wed depending on what this wind is going to do with the front coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X