Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no

Comment

Very close!!! He's young so his head and ears aren't that wide. I bet he's 12 and some change. Sucks, because if it was my first deer I'd be wanting to shoot him also.

Comment

I passed on one the other day that looked identical to this one. I have a few culls on TC that will make it, so the decision was a little easier.

Comment

Let it grow.

Comment

Let him grow

Comment

Nope. Let him get another year or two .

Comment

he's close, too close to let one fly in my book.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I assume you are asking with respect to his width because you're hunting in an antler restriction county... As far as width, he's plenty wide. To me, he don't even look questionable... Now in person, if he makes you think he might not be wide enough, then hold off... pics can be very deceiving...

To me I think he'd be a very fine first buck. He's a dang site bigger than my first deer, and he's bigger 'n my first bow buck... I was very proud to shoot my first deer and that was almost 60 years ago, and I'm still proud to have shot him to this day... If you like him, and you get the chance to make a good shot on him, shoot that sucker and be proud!!

Good luck sir and post up the ldp's!
                  x2

Comment

This novice is upset he didn't give it another year. As many others have stated , I wouldn't worry about size as long as it's legal and you're okay with it. Pre social media not many would have cared.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks real close and he's a young deer. Don't take the chance and let him him go another year or two. AR's are good imo and would b hard for me not to draw on him being my first with a bow. Still waitin for a good one to come along myself. B patient it will happen for u. That's what my SIL keeps tellin me. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        No, he is a very young deer.
                        This would be my response. He is legal, but in a couple of years he will probably be a monster.

Comment

Your place your call. Shoot him if he makes you happy.

Comment

no

Comment

I don't think he's quite 13". I saw a young one similar to him that was shot because it looked close. Antlers were definitely outside the ears, but it only measured 12¼. I'm pretty sure most game wardens would let it slide since the guide book tells you to reference the ears, but I wouldn't chance it. Like stated above, it's your call.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he’s under 13 and that’s the only reason I’d advise holding off. Is he young? Yeah. Does it matter? Not really unless you’re trying to raise bigger deer and your neighbors are all on board. My first WT buck was a 2 yr old six point. I got a full shoulder mount of that sucker as it had take me about 10 years to tag one with a bow. My two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X