Someone killed one this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got no problem with this.
    Truck looks full, don't think he had a choice.

Comment

People been doing it this way for ever. So what. My dad or granddad never quartered deer and packed in an ice chest. Brought them home just like this. When cold outside my dad always hung in a tree gutted and skinned over night. This pic reminds me of old school deer hunting. Nothing wrong with it when it's cold enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
        Please change your avatar to a ham sammich.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Some of you boys wouldn't fare well in MS where I'm from. That is the ONLY way to transport a dead deer back home. Heck you gotta take the long route just so everyone in town can have a chance to see it.

Comment

Game

Originally posted by agwrestler View Post
            THIS is why so many think venison is so gamey. They tried some that Uncle Jeff shot on his ranch, field dressd and hauled in the back of his pickup 3 hrs to the processor.

This also makes me worry about getting my deer getting swapped at the processor.
            Then don’t take your deer to the processor

Comment

Originally posted by UTnumber1 View Post
              I would just throw them in the trunk of my 75 lime green cutlass when I was 16-17

Comment

THIS is why so many think venison is so gamey. They tried some that Uncle Jeff shot on his ranch, field dressd and hauled in the back of his pickup 3 hrs to the processor.
                Never had any gamey venison and we always hauled our deer in the back of a truck or jeep or whatever.

We didn't have the coolers back then like they have now and besides, if it's cold it's no problem. If it's not cold then put a couple bags of ice inside the cavity.

You do what you need to do to get your kill home.

Comment

I guess one day it will be my truck or 4 wheeler that makes this same tpye of thread.

Comment

50/50 on whether or not it was road kill.

Comment

I'm good with it. I'm upset though that I missed the snow!

Comment

Working...
                      X