No announcement yet.

Oldest Deer I've Ever Seen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my lease we send off the bottom two front teeth to be aged. A couple of years ago I shot an old run down buck. He was 11.5 years old! I'll try to find a pic of him.

Comment

Here he is 11.5 years old and weighted in at 135lbs. This was taken a week before I shot him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8967.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24518864

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! 11.5 years! Congrats

Comment

I bet she's older than 10... old lady right there!

Comment

Oldest I've seen is 18.5 breeder buck. Oldest I've killed was 8.5

Comment

My neighbor had a buck that they ear tagged as a fawn. They found him dead in a tank. He was 16 years old and scored in the 180’s. Native deer.

My camp pet is 10.5 this year. He’s in great shape.

Comment

Tooth wear has a lot to do with the kind of soil in the area. A tooth test is the best way to determine actual age.

5.5 is the oldest I’ve shot. I think...

Comment

Oldest deer I have heard was a buck that was on the Jambers Ranch south of San Antonio. He was a native buck that was over 20 yrs old when he died. There was an article about him in TTHA magazine. Many a photograph of him was taken over that time period. I was visiting with a photographer who knew of the buck and had taken pics of him thru the years. I even had one of his pics of that buck that he had published in a magazine way back in the 80's.

Comment

11-12

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                      Oldest deer I have heard was a buck that was on the Jambers Ranch south of San Antonio. He was a native buck that was over 20 yrs old when he died. There was an article about him in TTHA magazine. Many a photograph of him was taken over that time period. I was visiting with a photographer who knew of the buck and had taken pics of him thru the years. I even had one of his pics of that buck that he had published in a magazine way back in the 80's.

I got to hand feed that buck cut up apples. He died the same year Mr. Jambers died he was 21 or 22 years old and didn’t shed his velvet the last year. He was impressive in his prime. They had a few mounts of his sheds in the house.

Comment

oldest that I have killed was 10+

I have a native buck on my farm that is 14 years old, had his best rack two years ago at 12.

Comment

This buck showed up at my house when he was a 3-4 year old. He stayed around for 7 more years. One day he just disappeared. I am sure he died of old age. Oldest free range deer I have ever seem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DXT Steve View Post
                            Shot this doe last weekend at Hollywood Camp in Falfurrias. They aged her at 10 years old. What's the oldest one you have ever seen?
                            That is certainly an old one

I have been to the Hollywood camp a few years ago. What a great place!!!

Comment

Old doe, alright. Like to see a photo of that 20 yo buck mentioned as well.

Comment

I killed a 10.5 yo plus 10 point last year with my bow. He scored a whopping 87”. He looked like an African head shrinker had shrank his rack down to 87” from 150”!

Comment

Working...
                                X