Legal Buck or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
    Hes legal regardless if he is broken off at the base or just above it. Now if its broken somewhere in the middle he needs to be 13". I probably wouldnt shoot him if hes been around a long time. If I saw him for the first time while hunting I would definitely kill him.
    No. The law reads "at least one un-branched antler". If the broke off side is less than 1" long it does not qualify as an un-branched antler.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      I can't see the logic behind 'age' being the reason you would take out a 6.5 yr old buck in those circumstances. I would be encouraging every body on the property to give him a pass until 7.5 and try to get him when he isn't broken.
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        No. The law reads "at least one un-branched antler". If the broke off side is less than 1" long it does not qualify as an un-branched antler.
        I bet a lot of folks miss that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bleu View Post
            I bet a lot of folks miss that
            I think it was intentionally written that way to stop broke off bucks from getting shot since they typically break flush or above the brow.

Comment

No pics, no story. Didn't happen. lol

Comment

I found myself in a similar situation and a friend texted a texas GW he knows. The answer was yes it is legal.

The deer that I saw had 3 points on one side and no antler on the other side.

Comment

Interested in what the GW said.

Comment

The deer that I saw had 3 points on one side and no antler on the other side.
                    Then that deer is not legal in an antler restricted county. The wording is pretty simple...at least ONE unbranched antler or 13" inside spread.

So in your case you had one 3 point antler and no unbranched antler. Not legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Then that deer is not legal in an antler restricted county. The wording is pretty simple...at least ONE unbranched antler or 13" inside spread.

So in your case you had one 3 point antler and no unbranched antler. Not legal.
                      Cool story bro. Did you miss the part where the GW said it was legal? Yes this is an antler restricted county.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                        Cool story bro. Did you miss the part where the GW said it was legal? Yes this is an antler restricted county.
                        Where does it say what the warden said?

Comment

Why shoot him? Hew may be a 20 point next year!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Where does it say what the warden said?
                            I think he's talking about (his) case. I still wouldn't with none of the AR criteria met.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by jaime1982; 11-02-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              Is he broke off flush or did he break the beam off below the brow?

If flush, not legal, if broke off below the brow thus making it unbranched, legal. If a GW wrote you a ticket for it it would not stand in court the way the law is written.

I wouldn't shoot him either way.
                              That lawyer fee though...

Comment

Chris swift. Smith county GW.

Yall do what you feel. I certainly would not rely on what someone online says.

Comment

Working...
                                X