No announcement yet.

Ethical? What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he was aiming for the lungs and his 6 power scope was not sighted in ! Lol

Comment

Wasn’t a little back. That’s for sure

Comment

Nope, bad decision.

Comment

Nope. I wouldn't take it with a rifle either, but at least a bullet has a lot more force behind it to account for shots that aren't perfect

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
            I say no.
            Family friend in S Dakota found this elk roaming around near his grandpas house starving to death.
            Ridiculous, and the exact reason why the shot shouldn't be taken.

Comment

I say no.
              Family friend in S Dakota found this elk roaming around near his grandpas house starving to death.
              Makes my stomach turn.... I'm sure some of the bozos on here will find a way to defend this. TOTALLY unethical.

Comment

Quite possibly a string jump so don't be too quick to judge. I shot a doe in the neck a couple of years ago due to her twisting completely around before impact and my aiming point was just behind the L shoulder blade. I don't think a head shot is a very good shot though, too much room for error.

Comment

I say no.
                  That's terrible

Comment

I don't understand how anyone could say this is ethical at all... Far too many variables, and too small of a window. This shot is going to end in a long slow death and an unrecoverable deer much more often than a instant death.

Comment

Dip s**t.

Comment

Obviously not a bow hunter

Comment

If you dont know the guy and you werent there then its impossible to say. The result is about as good as it gets so thats all we know. It could have been an accident (maybe the buck dropped his head on a frontal shot) or it could have been intentional. Who knows....its a good buck and it died humanely.

Comment

Curious....does it change your mind if it's a yote, coon, or a pig?

Comment

Unethical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As Todd Graf and Justin Zarr say: "There's a difference between taking a bad shot, and making a bad shot." That's where this becomes unethical - Taking a shot(Intentionally) with very little margin for error, and great chance for mutilating or not killing the animal vs. making a bad shot (accidently) while aiming for the vitals with the intention of a quick clean kill.

If this was a freak occurrence, and the animal moved/jumped whatever, then I can't say it would be deemed unethical.
                                Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 10-25-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X