This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
    Here's what i know...the man shot a deer, took the time to ask for prayers on recovery, posed for pics & apparently measured the deer....said deer was confiscated, said hunter hasn't asked for any other prayers, admitted anything socially or defended himself..... smell right to you?? Lol
    Limburger cheese stinks to high heaven, yet people eat it and swear it's good I'll wait till TPWD makes a final decision myself

And I've never met the man...just can't stand seeing people bash folks unnecessarily is all. That is all, carry on

Comment

Lol...i'm purdy certain that decision was made by the time the tail gate slammed shut

Comment

Originally posted by TXrig View Post
        I have not contacted him to get his side of the story because I am sure his hands are full at the moment but I have talked to several others including two wardens that enlightened me with facts that have not been divulged on here.
        Ok, you got all of the facts but didnt speak to the uhhh, hunter.

Can you enlighten us, why Game Wardens got involved? I mean that is a fact at this point, right.

Comment

I swear some of y all are worse than my teenage daughter and her 2 best friends...

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            just can't stand seeing people bash folks unnecessarily is all. That is all, carry on

there have been 3 threads on this and that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              Nobody is hating on the man and I'm not sure where y'all keep pulling that crap from. If you want to stand by his side do so but don't fabricate some pitch fork mob so you can flex and show your support. I swear I must have read 35 different post "protecting" Travis from a mob that has yet to be seen [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This! Sadly, I literally read every single post on all 5000 of these threads. And nobody is trying to hang the man. In fact, nobody has even been disrespectful from what I've seen. Just appears people are calling a spade a spade at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by TXrig View Post
                It looks like a good man shot a great buck in a bad way but the amount of BS I have read by folks that have zero knowledge of the facts is amazing. It makes me wonder if I am on TBH or CNN with all the fake news. I have known this guy for many years and he is a top notch guy. I have not contacted him to get his side of the story because I am sure his hands are full at the moment but I have talked to several others including two wardens that enlightened me with facts that have not been divulged on here. He told me about this buck back in May and it was a frequent guest on his property. I think he made a poor 1st shot (high meat shot) during legal hours but then became obsessed with recovering him after fearing he made a fatal shot and this beast would end up on the yote buffet. That much bone can drive a man to do some strange things and knowing he injured it made it worse.

Many on here have posted a lot of BS regarding this man and his character and none of them have ever met him. This is a bad deal but no man deserves to go through what he and his family are going through. I suggest you let the facts come out before you try and convict him hiding behind your keyboards.
                I've met Travis, but I don't know him, yet I'm pulling for him in this mystery novel. You seem to know him, but dude, your post hasn't helped him out one bit. All you did, was to throw more gas on the (speculation) fire, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ccarter View Post
                  Sure is a shame this can't be left alone especially the comments about Christian's being upset! If the deer was shot illegally the man will have enough to deal with other than people on here spreading stuff around non stop! And poached or not a mans faith should not be questioned the good lord didn't make the laws! I don't understand how anyone could bring a mans faith into this situation!
                  I 100% agree... Taking a stab at Christanity in this situation is a bit much.. There was only ONE perfect man...
                  I would rather a Christian who shot a deer illegally than be a non Christian and do some of the things anti Christians do on a regular basis.

But anyway.....
                  I hope the deers final resting place is correct hands... Wherever that may be.
                  That is all..

Comment

What is silly is if this where a 120 8pt shot, killed and recovered in the exact same way, however that was, the deer would have more than likely never have been confiscated...
                    NON story...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      I 100% agree... Taking a stab at Christanity in this situation is a bit much..
                      Don't get it twisted.....He did that all on his own when he asked for prayers for a successful recovery, then proceeded to have the deer confiscated
                      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 10-24-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                        Don't get it twisted.....He did that all on his own when he asked for prayers, then proceeded to have the deer confiscated
                        Yea well I've seen big deer make grown, responsible men make very poor decisions.. He ain't the first and he won't be the last...
                        I've seen lifelong friendships end over deer and deer hunting...
                        Like I said, there was only 1 perfect man and 1 only.

Heck I know guys who have cheated on their wives, get caught and then ask for prayers when the shat hits the fan...

Comment

He's not getting said deer back.

Comment

No takers on 2 to 1 odds?

Dang it.

I have not seen one post that bashes Travis. Please help me find one.

Ok, 3 to 1 odds...anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              What is silly is if this where a 120 8pt shot, killed and recovered in the exact same way, however that was, the deer would have more than likely never have been confiscated...
                              NON story...
                              Yep, the fact that it's a monster makes it a story and the fact that a bunch of people here know the hunter make it a hot button issue.

Comment

Man Christians (I AM one) get so jumpy whenever anything's brought up. Nobody is taking a stab at Christianity, the stabs are at the people who jumped all over this and said it could never be anything illegal because the guy is a Christian. The "knockers" aren't the ones who brought religion into this, it's the defenders that did. You can't bring it up and then complain when others run with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X