• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbyliv2fish View Post
    I don't need a 4x4
    EVERYONE needs a 4x4!!!!!

Comment

I seen a 2014 w/ V8 and similar mileage go for that price(not with all the features). I'd stay away from the eco-boost. I've heard stories.

Comment

Can I put it a different way? If I was selling that truck, I wouldn't take less than what he is offering. If I was buying, I would expect to pay that much. 40k miles on a 4 year old truck in Texas is low.
        Someone out there will buy it for that price. Seller knows it.

Comment

New '17 crew cab nothing fancy looking at $28k-$30k. Start adding things here and there and it's easily $35k+

Shop around. My '14 is a V8 5.0

Bought it almost a year ago with 15k miles. It was listed for $38k and deals they had going on brought it down to $35k. We haggled for a good 30 minutes. I walked out with it for $31,900. If I was to sell I wouldn't let it go for less than $34k. Wait til December and go the last week or 2 of the month. Value of these trucks has done nothing but gone up.

Check out CarGurus
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Antlers86; 10-23-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Prices have definitely gone up. My dad bought his brand new when they were doing the cash for clunkers thing back in the day, and he got it for 25. We're talking Brand spanking new Texas Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinhanna View Post
              Can I put it a different way? If I was selling that truck, I wouldn't take less than what he is offering. If I was buying, I would expect to pay that much. 40k miles on a 4 year old truck in Texas is low.
              Someone out there will buy it for that price. Seller knows it.
              Agree

Comment

It's crazy how much the Ford trucks have gone up in price over the last 5-10 years. Some of the new half ton F150's are $60k+!! I bought a fully loaded 2013 F150 Platinum 4x4 brand new in 2013 for $39k and that same truck has gone up around $15k-$20k in 4 years. Ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyliv2fish View Post
                  Yes. But has the rear lock knob...
                  Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    It's crazy how much the Ford trucks have gone up in price over the last 5-10 years. Some of the new half ton F150's are $60k+!! I bought a fully loaded 2013 F150 Platinum 4x4 brand new in 2013 for $39k and that same truck has gone up around $15k-$20k in 4 years.
                    This exactly. I bought my 2015 that got flooded for about the same price. Started shopping and the same truck is going to costs me $60K drive out with the Ford A Plan pricing... I'm currently looking for a used F250 due to the prices on the new ones.

Comment

Not too bad but not being 4x4 I think you could get it a little cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                        This exactly. I bought my 2015 that got flooded for about the same price. Started shopping and the same truck is going to costs me $60K drive out with the Ford A Plan pricing... I'm currently looking for a used F250 due to the prices on the new ones.
                        Lol I was looking at 2013-2016 F250s also and those prices are just as bad. For a 2013/2014 F250 Diesel Lariat with roughly 60k miles still looking average about $$42k - 45k+ on the low end. Used King Ranch and Platinums obviously are typically even more. The used F250 prices are holding strong and actually went up when the 2017s came out bc the 2017 are so expensive. Guess you gotta pay to play!
                        Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-23-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          4x4 with similar miles is more like $32k-$35k. I have a '14 F150 with 40k miles and NADA is still $36k. Trade in was $31k.

OP if you don't need 4x4 I think it's a decent deal. Maybe get them down to $22k.
                          I may be way off, but I was truck shopping last year and looked at a lot of 4x4 xlt 2013-2014's that were on the lot at less than $30k with 40-60k miles here in Dallas. I think you could get in 4x2 for $5-6k less and the trucks were a year younger when I was looking. Like I said, I think prices on used trucks are inflated at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol I was looking at 2013-2016 F250s also and those prices are just as bad. For a 2013/2014 F250 Diesel Lariat with roughly 60k miles still looking average about $$42k - 45k+ on the low end. Used King Ranch and Platinums obviously are typically even more. The used F250 prices are holding strong and actually went up when the 2017s came out bc the 2017 are so expensive. Guess you gotta pay to play!
                            In 2013 I bought a used '12 F250 with 29k miles for $46,000. Looked at the same truck, but brand new, $64,000. No difference other than someone else paid for the depreciation hit.

I have found similar deals out there still. Just gotta look and be ready to purchase when you find it. Not to mention, there have been three pretty good hurricanes between Houston, Alabama, and Florida, that are driving up costs big time right now.
                            Last edited by WItoTX; 10-23-2017, 09:46 AM. Reason: .

Comment

I found a F250 Lariat with 90K miles and the guy won't take less than $38K. I really want something with no more than 50K miles.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                                I may be way off, but I was truck shopping last year and looked at a lot of 4x4 xlt 2013-2014's that were on the lot at less than $30k with 40-60k miles here in Dallas. I think you could get in 4x2 for $5-6k less and the trucks were a year younger when I was looking. Like I said, I think prices on used trucks are inflated at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                                V6 maybe?

When I shopped last year I come across some that had 50k or so miles for $30k and as low as $28k. Majority were $38k-$45k. 4x4 V8 Crew Cab with 5.0 I couldn't find any less than that. Also depended on package. The ones o found in that price range didn't have any extras on them.
                                Last edited by Antlers86; 10-23-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X