Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Matagorda County Deer Poached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Bay City, not taking sides, but y'all are condemning the man without him speaking?
    So you guys who are bashing the action have never committed or broken any laws? I know the story of what happened and I do not like what he did, but I hold no judgement .
    No further comment

Comment

Here’s a link to a Facebook post made about the deer. The comments include posts from people all over the community, including people who have pretty reliable sources as to what happened.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter83 View Post
        Here’s a link to a Facebook post made about the deer. The comments include posts from people all over the community, including people who have pretty reliable sources as to what happened.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00002131391182
        This made me giggle "

Sadly I just herd a couple days ago this gorgeous buck was slaughtered by a poacher. "

Sounds like something PETA would've typed up

Comment

Jureks or B&S , who has the best jalapeno and cheese sausage?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Hope they throw the book at him. Oughta be a 5 digit replacement fee on top of the poaching charge.
            Well what if he was just a good family man!

Comment

I know the game warden Tommy Johnson. We worked narcotics together for 4 or 5 years. He is good at catching poachers. So was his dad.

Comment

Thought that looked like Tommy. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                  I know the game warden Tommy Johnson. We worked narcotics together for 4 or 5 years. He is good at catching poachers. So was his dad.
                  Ha! It appears he is still working narcotics...the big antler kind of drug. Makes stupid people do real stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    So was this deer well known in the community?

Comment

I don't know if anyone read the Facebook link, but here are some facts that someone posted in the comments.

-He had permission to hunt hogs only.
                      -He shot the deer after legal hunting hours.
                      -He shot the deer with a rifle during bow only season.
                      -All local high fences have been contacted and none are claiming it as a their deer.

If this isn't poaching, I don't know what is. If the deer was killed by a rifle during bow season on property he didn't have permission to deer hunt, I can't see how any "other side" of the story can convince me that this isn't a clear-cut case of poaching. Not that it really matters, but I'd be interested to find out if NV was used, considering it was after dark and he was there hunting hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                        I live in Bay City, not taking sides, but y'all are condemning the man without him speaking?
                        So you guys who are bashing the action have never committed or broken any laws? I know the story of what happened and I do not like what he did, but I hold no judgement .
                        No further comment

So you "know the story" you "don't like what he did", but folks on here are wrong? Do we all really need to speak to him personally before forming an opinion? Is looking at the evidence not enough? "The man" is welcome to post his story on here. I don't care one way or the other. Sure looks like he's guilty, from your comments I think you even agree.

Comment

He shot a deer with a rifle during bow season. That’s illegal to begin with, without factoring everything else Into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                            He shot a deer with a rifle during bow season. That’s illegal to begin with, without factoring everything else Into the equation.

Unless the property was mld.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                              Unless the property was mld.

True, but if he didn’t have permission to hunt deer in said property and didn’t have a MLD tag to tag the deer it is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                                True, but if he didn’t have permission to hunt deer in said property and didn’t have a MLD tag to tag the deer it is illegal.

Permission is the key word. Now if he shot it at night he has no defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X