No announcement yet.

Matagorda County Deer Poached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them Jureks are known to poach. Neil is Louie's(the man that owns the meat market)son. Doesn't shock me at all it was one of them.

Comment

So was this deer well known in the community?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Man what a stud. Sure is ashame that he was taking illegally without landowner consent. I wonder if the landowner will get it back at some point?

No, the landowner did not own the deer. It belongs to the state now.

Comment

So did he dispatch it at night with a pistol 2 days after wounding it with an arrow while at someone’s feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
            Yeah Im aware of the state laws. Just wondering if it might find its way back once the case is settled. TPWD must have a warehouse full of giant antlers given the rate of poachers being caught.

Comment

That is a huge buck. It’s amazing what a little bit of horn will make people do. I mean, what’s the point and where’s the satisfaction?

Comment

Terrible deal, Sad this is WAY!!!!! to Common!! I have a very touchy sensor for poaching, Regardless of title or location. Some people try hard to work their places and some _______ comes in and takes it.
                I will put away my soapbox before I start braying.

Comment

Poachers should loose hunting/fishing rights for a long time.
                  And be required to work hundreds of hours assisting game wardens as community service.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    So did he dispatch it at night with a pistol 2 days after wounding it with an arrow while at someone’s feeder?

The landowner who posted about it on Facebook said he shot it on her property at dusk. I heard last night at the DU banquet that he was more or less a “tame” buck on her high fence property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      Terrible deal, Sad this is WAY!!!!! to Common!! I have a very touchy sensor for poaching, Regardless of title or location. Some people try hard to work their places and some _______ comes in and takes it.
                      I will put away my soapbox before I start braying.
                      I agree, what is worse is when someone poaches or assists in poaching of wildlife for a profit.

Comment

I heard from a very reliable source that he was allowed to hog hunt this place and He shot it with night vision.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                          I’ve seen pics.
                          194 5/8
                          Where did you come up with 194"?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                            Would the state own the deer if he ran into my truck?

Comment

Originally posted by flinger View Post
                              Where did you come up with 194"?
                              Exactly.. He's not going to score close to that BUT none the less it's a crying shame...

I'm hearing several different stories of how it was killed and which Jurek actually pulled the trigger... What a couple of dumb arses those folks are...

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                                Would the state own the deer if he ran into my truck?
                                The state does not own any animals. Be it game animals or other wise. They all belong to the residents of the state. That is why the state is not liable for damages if there should be an animal/vehicle collision. And you obviously cannot attempt to contact all of the residents for reimbursement.

That is why your personal vehicle insurance should have to oh for your damages.

TPWD game wardens are just that. Wardens of the state assigned to protect to wildlife of the state so there will be a renewable resource for all to enjoy for several lifetimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X