Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the post with the tbh’er 271” deer go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    Y’all are not understanding that one bit...

Skinny
    Hence the question mark. Explain it so a poor old East Texas boy can understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      ebh?
      Explain?

Comment

Do you guys consider a deer that has been shot a couple of days earlier and is back to hitting a feeder "mortally wounded" or does that term apply to a deer that has been shot and is in the process of dying laid up in some brush?

If I shoot a buck and see him two days later under a feeder I'm not calling him mortally wounded. I'm just calling him the deer I made a bad shot on.

I'm not saying the above is the case here with this giant by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          ebh?
          wander whatever happened to elk bowhunter

Comment

Skinny
            You gonna leave it at that or enlighten us simple folks?

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
              dude relax i can read, it was just a question I will do my research. This whole thing is making everone a little testy. geez
              Lol I'm all good man. Nobody's testy over here

Comment

Anybody remember the deal several years ago with Roy Hindes and him dispatching a hunters deer his dog tracked down?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Lol I'm all good man. Nobody's testy over here
                  Im sure you are just didn't know why you felt the need to repeat what he wrote thats all. I was just throwing a question out there that I think isn't that far off base.

Not too many places in texas now that doesn't have high fence ranches and deer get out all the time. It was a just a question for possible discussion.

Not saying there aren't good native deer out there or up there.

Comment

Skinny
                    Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      Do you guys consider a deer that has been shot a couple of days earlier and is back to hitting a feeder "mortally wounded" or does that term apply to a deer that has been shot and is in the process of dying laid up in some brush?

If I shoot a buck and see him two days later under a feeder I'm not calling him mortally wounded. I'm just calling him the deer I made a bad shot on.

I'm not saying the above is the case here with this giant by the way.

Exactly. I don’t think the issue was him claiming to be dispatching a mortally wounded deer, but rather taking the shot after legal shooting time...be it 8 minutes or 2 hours.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                        Im sure you are just didn't know why you felt the need to repeat what he wrote thats all. I was just throwing a question out there that I think isn't that far off base.

Not too many places in texas now that doesn't have high fence ranches and deer get out all the time. It was a just a question for possible discussion.

Not saying there aren't good native deer out there or up there.
                        That area is like Kansas! Crops all over and a huge benefit is Archery Only County. Hunt County is another one!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                          wander whatever happened to elk bowhunter
                          Ahhhh yes - haven't heard from him in a while!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            Anybody remember the deal several years ago with Roy Hindes and him dispatching a hunters deer his dog tracked down?
                            Vaguely....is that the one where the hunter shot a very expensive deer and Roy's dogs basically ran it to the point where it gave up and stood its ground against the dogs, and then Roy dispatched it? And the original wound was like a cut leg or something? It's been a while, maybe I'm not remembering any of that correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Twipper333 View Post
                              Ahhhh yes - haven't heard from him in a while!!
                              Maybe you have and just don't know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                Maybe you have and just don't know it!
                                Touche - the whole ambiguous name thing and all

Comment

Working...
                                X