Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt

Comment

Anyone go out this past weekend or this week?

Comment

Went out last week. Shot a pig. No deer came to the corn. Very green out in Motley still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by prandel1 View Post
          Went out last week. Shot a pig. No deer came to the corn. Very green out in Motley still.

Yeah I was out the 29th and 30th it was looking pretty green but dry. Guess that is changed now. I figure there will be a decent amount of surface water available after this past weekend and this coming weekend.

Comment

Anyone been out?

Comment

Anybody been out recently?? I am headed out tomorrow hoping there is some movement. My opportunities to hunt this year will be limited and the land owners son who is a bit of a goober (saying it nicely) is wanting to bow hunt my set ups this year since he cant have a firearm. So any info on movement and rut etc.. in the area would be appreciated. Just wanting to make the most of the chances I get to hunt.

Comment

I am going out tomorrow as well to motley county. Last time I was out was opening of bow season and didn’t see any deer. Hopefully with the cooler temps they will be moving more

Comment

I’m in Hall County, and have spent a bit of time out there lately. Seeing lots of young mulies, but no shooters. I’m only interested in hogs and varmints, but I enjoy watching the bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    I’m in Hall County, and have spent a bit of time out there lately. Seeing lots of young mulies, but no shooters. I’m only interested in hogs and varmints, but I enjoy watching the bucks.
                    Seen any mulies meeting the new antler restriction?? 20 inch outside spread?

Comment

Not yet. Have seen one that would’ve been a potential if he hadn’t broke it off. He’s still young though.

Comment

Cool! At least there is hope. I have been hunting out there for 4 years now and I have seen 1 that might have been 20" and I have seen the deer slide show from the TPWD study that was done out around there and there may have been one in that study that would have been 20". Even talking to the game warden there aren't that many that size that are shot around there. Maybe the new restriction will produce something within the next few or so years.

Comment

I will be heading to Motley County next week for hunting. This will be my first deer season up there. Hoping for some action.

Comment

Just now starting to see new bucks show up. Excited to see what happens the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I was out this past weekend. Didn't see anything Friday evening and Saturday morning I saw a nice mature whitetail hauling butt across a CRP field. Saturday even the wind was 20 mph and it tried sprinkling for a little bit. After the wind died down the temp dropped about 15 deg or so and I had 2 8pts one was pretty nice with a little yearling dinker and 6 doe plus a fawn out with 20 min of the wind dying down. Sunday morning I saw another young 8 pint and a few doe. I had 3 bucks ranging from 2.5 year old to 5.5 year old trying to chase doe. I wouldn't say they were hot and heavy but it would not surprise me to see it get hot and heavy within the next 2-3 weeks.
                              Game warden stopped by also and said he had only seen 2 mulies taken so far that met the 20" outside spread restriction.

Comment

Anyone going out this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X