No announcement yet.

Pop Up in ETX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North newton county off 255. He has broke off one side of his rack, below his brow tine. Will give him a pass if I see him.

Comment

I've had good luck with Ground Blinds I put them out weeks before I hunt in them and like others I like to put them being a barrier of some sort and just trim little lanes. I like to keep the blind with all Windows closed and I like to cut me a little trail through the back end to sneak in or out undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbowhunter View Post
        North newton county off 255. He has broke off one side of his rack, below his brow tine. Will give him a pass if I see him.
        That's a nice buck I hunt out in Newton County too they are starting to get active just need a cold snap to get them moving more

Comment

I also quit brushing mine in too... If I find a spot where I can set them out in or under existing cover, I'll do that, but the buck I killed last year was actually shot from a blind I had put out to shoot hogs primarily so it was just set out on the edge of a trail leading to a feeder. I just capitalized on the opportunity when the buck stepped out and started hitting my hand corn... The Ozonics saved me on that hunt as the wind was dead wrong for the way he came in. The pop up blocked my movement and the Ozonics blocked my scent...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            I have had does, yearlings and small bucks eating the brush off of my pop up while I was sitting in it in east texas. When I hunted out in Brady actually had a yearling stick it's head inside the window while my wife and I were sitting in it. I usually spay down with scent away and spray a little racoon per on the outside of the blind.
            Which coon pee do you use? The only one I can find is the synthetic at Academy?

Comment

Newton

Good luck guys ! I also hunt in Newton county . The Old Temple Scrapping Valley land. Our bucks have started to roam .

Comment

Probably too late to set one up this year but I am definitely doing it next year. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                X