Arrow in Buck No Blood HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Placement too forward and a bit high. At that angle the entry should be at the back of the ribcage.
    This 100%. Buck will probably live so you might just get another chance at him.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
      Glad he made it, hopefully you all can get on him again. Is that a porcupine sharing the feeder with him? I have several of them that hit my feeders for corn.
      Yeah that is. Thing is huge too I shot it last night when I got down from the blind. Walked right up to him and shot at 5 yards. Don't know why it wasn't scared of me?!

Comment

Glad to see he made it back and looking good. Good luck on harvesting him.

Tim

Comment

I had a 190" plus buck shot like that 3 yrs ago on my place with a Rage broadhead the arrow never penetrated the rib cage it went between the shoulder and the rib cage and stopped
          I still see him on camera occasionally

Comment

Well I was sure wrong! Glad he showed back up for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

You went between front leg bone and ribs. Right down the outside part of ribs and not into body. I did same thing on doe a few years ago. She died because I hit the artery going down front leg. blood was everywhere. I you missed that artery he will live unless infection gets him. When we skinned the doe none of us could believe the arrow didn't go into ribs.

Comment

Quartering away shots need to be aiming for an exit in the pocket of the off shoulder.

Comment

i cant get over how fat that joker is. that looks like a monster deer.

Comment

That's great now stick him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                        i cant get over how fat that joker is. that looks like a monster deer.
                        He’s been a feed hog for years now. If I’m guessing he is probably 8.5 years old. Poor guy has regressed significantly based off head gear but he is still eating well!

Comment

My first thought was he ain’t dead. Done that same thing before...

Glad he made it. They are tough for sure!!

Comment

Now you get a second chance

Comment

DEER ARE TUFF CRITTERS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a great lesson on shot placement. When I watched the video I thought dead deer. It's amazing that the shot did not hit vitals and now we see him up and feeding with a healing wound on his side. Un-freakin believable that he didn't hit vitals. I've hunted a lot of years with bow and arrow and cases like this never cease to amaze me. What a crazy story. Thanks so much for coming back and posting the new pics. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X