No announcement yet.

Arrow in Buck No Blood HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not lethal. Only chance would be catching it with a dog.

Comment

Dang. Hope you see him again

Comment

Like I said a page plus back the only way I see this being fatal is if an artery or larger vein was hit in the neck after passing between shoulder and ribs. My bet is you will see this deer again.

Talk to processors and get them to tell you what all they find in deer. Know one that has a nice collection of broadheads and broken arrow parts along with bullet parts. One showed me thorns. One on my wall had a cavity bigger then my fist in his back with bone and bullet fragments in the gristle surrounding it, there was hole still in the hide over half inch across. That deer was shot b a neighbor the year before.

Comment

Good luck OP. Not a good sign no recent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            Looks like it may slide along the inside of the near rib cage and may not hit anything vital.
            I agree.

Comment

Well we looked last night until the storm hit. Found the arrow within 50 yards. Got 2 inches of rain last night. Looked again this morning and nothing. In my personal opinion I think he's probably dead somewhere out there but at this point I hope not. Time will tell... thanks for all the advice and opinions guys we just needed to get some more eyes on the footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with you. It is way forward, but I think it got in the body cavity. However, deer are very tough and you may see this deer again, alive

Comment

He Lives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Deal.

Now get Grandpa out there to finish the job !!!

Comment

They never cease to amaze me... I think I'd lay down in a bush and wish I were dead no matter where I got shot. someone lodges a broadhead in my ***, i'm gonna be hurting too bad to go to the buffet, that's for sure. Good luck on the next go, and glad he isn't dog food.

Comment

Wow! This gives me hope that the deer I stuck this last weekend may live. Almost the exact same shot as you with not near the penetration. Hope you get him!!

Comment

Glad he made it, hopefully you all can get on him again. Is that a porcupine sharing the feeder with him? I have several of them that hit my feeders for corn.

Comment

Glad to see he made it and is back. Hope you get another chance. He's a nice buck.

Comment

Good luck man

Comment

Looks like Sika and several others were right on the money.
                                Glad to see him still alive and hopefully you get another shot at him. **** things are tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X