Clear All

Dang it never seen anything like it

Comment

Jesus

Comment

Man I hope you get him coming in this year. What a story

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          Placement too forward and a bit high. At that angle the entry should be at the back of the ribcage.
          This .... no where near the vitals.

Comment

Figured i owe y'all one last update on this buck. Wish it was better news.

We hunted him hard for at least 3 years. In his final year he was shot as shown in the video. Not a great shot but the arrow was flung before i could give a go ahead.

This deer went through a lot and we tried to finish him and never got a shot.
            He survived last winter and we found his shed in march. But never got a picture late summer or so far this fall. I must assume that he didn't make it through the summer.

I had high hopes that he would show up again, but with his injury and the fact that he was no younger than 8.5 and probably 9.5 lets me believe that he never got to see the fall of 18. BUTTERCUP was one strong bull of a white tail. He lives on through his offspring which are running around our ranch now.

Comment

That is the definition of a warrior. wow.

Comment

Like most are saying, a bit too far forward. Still a shot that you blew out one lung though.

Comment

Maybe you will find some of his remains at some point.

Comment

Hate to hear that it he likely didn't make it didn't figure he would but you never know with deer they are some tough animals.

I would have a hard time saying that injury to his shoulder was from fighting and not the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Looks to me like his shoulder blade eventually tore loose from the body cavity side from the damage inflicted internally with the arrow. Remember, the shoulder is only connected with tissue and cartilage, not bone. I've seen the same thing happen several times. Good luck this year if he is still around.
                      Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      I would have a hard time saying that injury to his shoulder was from fighting and not the shot.
                      I think tbg’s explanation is closer to right than anything I ever thought before. Makes sense. Thank you all for showing respect to this buck. Wish it would have ended differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X