Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How's everyone's opening morning go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmer's dog decided to pay visit so iput here in the blind with me and just I shot she barked and i missed a doe

Comment

Just this lil guy. But he put on a show. Lip curlin and made 2 scrapes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot doe @ 7:50

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
          Just this lil guy. But he put on a show. Lip curlin and made 2 scrapes

Thats pretty cool.

Comment

Going to sit for another half hour or so, but I think this mornings hunt is done.

I saw two before legal shooting hours. After shooting hours, I saw squirrels, birds, and a few of the ranch cows made a walk through to say hello. One was even kind enough to use my ground blind stand as a scatching post like a couple hundred pound cat.

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
              Thats pretty cool.
              Yes sir!!! That's why I love this sport. We get to see things and watch animals no one else sees.

Comment

Mine is great ! Ain't seen a pig or a deer, but it's cool, no skeeters, and I've been watching two cat squirrels on my hand corn. It's just great to be hunting !

Comment

My morning was terrible lol. Set my alarm wrong and woke up late, let the dogs out to pee, then couldn't get the dogs to come back in, so I snuck around them the long way to my stand and got seated at about 6:40.

Around 7:05 my stupid wolf/blue heeler mix followed my scent to the stand and just sat there staring up at me. I tried over and over to motion her to leave but she just laid there eating grass like a idiot. 7:20 a very young six point came in and they had a 10min stand off. He was snorting and stomping the ground with his front legs. She just stared at him whimpering like she wanted to go after him. I can't lie it was very amusing. He slowly made his way back into the thick stuff and circled around and came back and snorted some more and then left.

The dog hung around eating grass and chasing bugs and finally at 9:00am I figured it was a done deal and climbed back down.

This evening dogs are locked up inside

But I can't complain, it's great to be back in a tree. What a beautiful morning and weather.
                  Last edited by justin81; 09-30-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                    2 does out of range and this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some about a dozen deer from 8-9am but they all stayed under the oak trees.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing here but a cow sniffing my blind...thinking about moving for the afternoon

Comment

Saw plenty and passed on does hoping my target buck would show. No luck this morning. Now kicking back at the lease watching open range and snacking on these

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my bucks blocked the lease gate when I arrived at 2:30 am. Waited him out, did not want to spook him. Up in the tree at 5:30. Seen one doe on the move. She came in from the right while I was looking left. Don't think she ever spooked on me, but may be a little when she crossed my walk in path. Nap time coming on hard.

Good luck to all and fly them arrows straight!

Comment

Didn't hunt this weekend, and missed a couple birdie puts so......could have been better

Comment

Saw a good amount of deer and missed a doe.. still better than not hunting, lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X